Wipe 2016 is a free, easy to use and powerful security tool that allows you to protect your privacy by clearing browser history and cache, cleaning index.dat files, securely removing cookies, safely deleting autocomplete history and temporary internet files and erasing any other tracks that you leave behind after having used your pc. Only the evidence of your activities, which is recorded and stored by your computer without your permission, is erased – no user documents are deleted! Wipe 2016 removes all traces of your online and offline activities in Windows OS, in the most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera ) and in many of your other, daily used, software programs. WIPE incoporates US DoD 5220.22-M, Gutmann (full 39 steps) and Russian GOST algorithms to completely erase your personal and private data, making deleted usage tracks unrecoverable.
After the application starts you will see a screen listing all programs that may contain personal data you do not want to share. You can double click on any item in the list to see the number of files stored by the program and the amount of space each takes, e.g. view cookies, index.dat files etc. You have the opportunity to deselect a program from being wiped or simply have all files securely deleted. Upon clicking the ” Delete! ” button, Wipe 2016 shows you a friendly screen displaying the icon of the program being cleaned, which specific file is being deleted, a tally of the number of files and amount of space being cleared and a graph showing you the remaining run time of the program.
Wipe 2016 has an additional built-in tool to protect your privacy: Screen Lock. Try this software for free and discover the many invisible files in which Windows records your online and offline activities!
Features of Wipe 2016
• Complete solution to remove user tracks – Wipe clears user browsing history, cookies, index.dat files, cache, logs, temporary internet files, autocomplete search history, recent document list, recent keywords list in toolbars, cached thumbnails of viewed pictures, registry cache and many many other areas.
• Clear tracks collected by Windows – Wipe clear history records, tracks and evidences of computer usage made in Windows. Nobody will be able to find out what you did on your PC.
• Clear tracks in 100s other applications – Wipe will also clear tracks, evidences, garbage files in many other programs that you might have installed on your PC.
• Impressive list with tracks preview – after running Wipe will show you convenient list of all tracks that you have on your PC, calculates amount of files and registry records.
• Tracks preview – you can click any item in the list to see which tracks (information) stored under it to deside if you need to clear it.
• Separated by areas – every program in the list (including Windows) have several options to clean. User can specify what to clean more carefully. Every area have its own checkbox.
• Closing running programs – Windows doesn’t allow to deleted any data if used by some running program. Wipe will check for running programs and will close those that necessary for successful cleanup.
• Watching for success – Wipe will verify tracks removal and will notify you if any file or registry record wasn’t deleted correctly. This can happen if some running program locking files/registry records.
• No restore – Wipe uses anti-recovery methods, even file names will be renamed to digits so noone will be able to guess content of deleted files.
• Reminds you ro clean your PC – Wipe tray agent can remind you to clean your PC when you have finished with Internet browsing.
• Free updates – you should update Wipe to make sure that all newest software that you have installed supported by Wipe.
• Added support for browser Chrome 55 (future version).
• Added support for browser FireFox 50 (future version).
• Added support for browser IceDragon 49 (current version).
• Date of release: 23 October 2016.