pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. It continues to be the most powerful system monitor for its small memory footprint. WinPatrol’s easy tabbed interface allows you to explore deep inside your computer without having to be a computer expert. A one-time investment in WinPatrol PLUS provides a unique experience you won’t find in any other software. As a robust SECURITY MONITOR, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission.
WinPatrol PLUS includes our unique R.I.D. technology. As a MULTI PURPOSE SUPPORT UTILITY WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol allows you to get a better understanding of what programs are being added to your computer. It monitors important system areas that are commonly altered by many malicious programs. This includes the startup groups (registry and startup folder), cookies and active tasks. You can terminate processes and enable or disable startup programs. The cookie monitoring option allows you to automatically delete cookies based on a keyword found in the cookie name. Additional features include a WHOIS lookup tool and an option to alert you on changes. WinPatrol is easy to understand, yet quiet powerful.
Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You’ll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
WinPatrol is NOT:
1. Likely to conflict with other security programs you rely on.
2. A huge drain on your system resources or performance.
3. A yearly subscription or program only designed to help if you pay to upgrade.
4. A signature based system that relies on already identified threats.
5. A program that will update itself automatically without your knowledge.
6. Going to connect to the internet unless you explicitly request info.
7. Going to install any addition crap or toolbars on your system.
* Improved History processing now includes history of any items restored. For example, when a file is removed from the Startup tab it displays “START_Remove”. If the file is restored, an entry is added “START_Restored” to give confirmation and so you can track what has been done.
* Fixed bug in History Restore functionality that cause restore to fail on many occasions.
* Improved automatic clean-up and removal of files no longer on your computer from the WinPatrol database.
* Updated alert processing to help eliminate repeat alerts.
* Added code so that users of BitDefender 2015 should be able to use AutoPilot without receiving repeated alerts.
* Fixed upgrade bug that results in two versions of WinPatrol running for some customers.
* Added “First Detected” column to the Delayed Start Tab.
* Added “Status” column to the Startup Programs Tab. Currently we do not recognize when 64-bit programs are running, we will have a full 64-bit version of WinPatrol available later this year.
* Program description now displays in WinPatrol Explorer footer when highlighting a program.
* Fixed sorting on date columns.
* Fixed a bug Registry Monitoring that resulted in some keys not being monitored as they should have been.
* Added note to Cookies tab that recommends closing any open browsers prior to editing cookies. We also added improved processing to handle if a browser is open so that you do not lose your changes. But we still recommend closing a browser before editing it’s associated cookies because the major browsers all keep a cache of their cookies and will automatically restore anything they have not themselves removed.
OS: Window XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 including x64 support.