Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click. It is free to use, registered users will get the advantage of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:
Low Filtering – Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
Medium Filtering – Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
High Filtering – All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
No Filtering – Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
• Just one small executable file. All features are packed in the same file.
• Full support for executing tasks from standard user accounts.
• Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray.
• Allow or block a program to connect to the internet with just one mouse click.
• Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
• Search for invalid rules with the possibility to delete them.
• Quick access to edit Windows Firewall rules directly from the program interface.
• Choose if you want the program to start at user logon.
• Import and export the policy of the program.
• Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
• Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
• Check for a new version from the program interface.
• And many more… Just give it a try.
Registered Users Features:
• Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
• Search for executable files in a user defined folder and create new rules for the selected ones from the result list.
– New: A new read only check box column named “Extended properties” was added in Manage Rules window. It indicates if a rule contains extra properties which are not displayed in WFC.
– Improved: The search functionality from Manage Rules was improved by adding a 0.5 seconds delay between the text update event and the actual start of the search. This removes the intermediate results which were triggered between characters typing. The search is now more smooth.
– Fixed: WFC service fails to start on computers where WMI is not available. The code was updated and a warning is logged instead of crashing the service.
– Fixed: The loading of the firewall rules in Manage Rules is executed twice on the opening of the window. The duplicate call was removed and the rules should load faster.
– Fixed: When launching “wfc -rp”, there is no active view and the rules are missing.
– Fixed: ICMP Types are not displayed correctly for rules defined for protocol ICMPv4.
– Fixed: ICMP Types are not correctly set when switching the protocol from ICMPv4 to ICMPv6 or vice versa.
– Fixed: All locations check boxes are unchecked when opening in Properties dialog a rule defined for an application package in Windows 10.
– Fixed: The WFC service (220.127.116.11) can’t be stopped from services.msc. The service must be killed from Task Manager.
• Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Server 2008, 2012.
• Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
• DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work properly.
• Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5