WebSite-Watcher 2017 is a comprehensive application that enables users to organize a list of favorite websites and track all changes. It can also be installed on USB flask drives for portability.
Although not particularly intuitive, the interface is user-friendly and lets you organize multiple bookmarks into lists. When adding a new website, whether it requires login credentials or not, you can specify the type between webpage, forum, and RSS/Atom-feed. Alternatively, you can use predefined plugins to check a page.
As far as bookmark properties go, you can edit the name and URL, insert an alternative URL for checking, import properties from another bookmark, as well as use a filter assistant or test filters yourself by comparing the current and previous version (with HTML tag highlights).
Features of WebSite-Watcher 2017 Final
• Monitor web pages
• Monitor password protected pages
• Monitor forums for new postings and replies
• Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
• Highlight changes in a page
• Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
• Many more features to stay up-to-date!
• Don’t waste hours checking websites for updates when WebSite-Watcher can do it automatically for you
• Know what your competitors are doing, WebSite-Watcher scans their websites for you
• Know when a new software version or driver update is released, WebSite-Watcher detects the updates for you
• Stay informed with new postings or answers in discussion forums, WebSite-Watcher will notify you as soon as possible
Developer: Home Page
[+] RSS feeds: Black/Whitelist also searches in author field
[-] WebSite-Watcher could display an error message for databases larger than 2GB under certain circumstances
[x] Improved detection of errors when downloading invalid CSS files (WSW could hang under certain circumstances)
[x] Checks with technology “Internet Explorer/Browser” improved
[x] WebSite-Watcher works now with the recent layout changes of LinkedIn pages
[x] Improved results when a page is checked with the technology “Internet Explorer/Browser” and the pagetype “text”
[x] Send e-mail in text format + attach files: Reverted back to attach files in HTML format to be more compatible with web mailers. If you want to send attachments in ZIP format, you can use the program tweak ActionsSendMailAttachAsZip=1
[+] New plugin to monitor XenForo Topic Lists
[-] WebSite-Watcher could crash when displaying the tray icon under rare circumstances
[-] Abort button didn’t work correctly under certain circumstances
[x] Improved high dpi support
[x] Automatically fix possible conflicts after changing monitor resolutions
[x] Improved support for SVG files
Smaller improvements and reported bugs fixed