VovSoft Read Mode is available as a free download from our software library. VovSoft Read Mode – blog posts, articles and webpages clean and easy to read. Paste them to Read Mode to read. You can configure the software with 3 options: Light, Dark and Sephia. You can also print the text. Read Mode adjusts the document according to the screen size.
Features of VovSoft Read Mode
Three themes to help you read without hurting your eyes
- The application is designed to help you read small or large text pieces in a window that combines colors in such a way that your eyes will not be affected by the powerful blue light of a computer screen. That is why VOVSOFT – Read Mode comes with three different themes, namely dark, light and sepia.
- The dark theme is the default one, displaying dark background and white text color, a combination that is suitable for nighttime reading sessions or a dark or dim room. The light theme can be used during daytime, while the sepia mode diminishes the window brightness so that you can read easier during early morning or sunset.
A humble feature set that needs further work
- As it happens with the “read mode” in standard text editors, VOVSOFT – Read Mode promises to adjust the document according to the screen size. However, the text remains in the middle of the screen with the scrolling bar right next to it. The point is, there is a fixed-sized column that holds the text, and you cannot expand it as you wish, which is quite annoying, especially if your text is large.
- Copy and paste actions do work in VOVSOFT – Read Mode, so the ‘Paste’ button is redundant. To continue the list of drawbacks, pasting other items than text, such as images, is not possible. Therefore, pasting a more complex article or blog with embedded images will simply remove the images.
Good themes for reading in a rudimentary-looking app
- The three themes that VOVSOFT – Read Mode comes with are, indeed, the themes that are common to almost all the text editors that feature a ‘read mode’. Therefore, there is no doubt that reading text using this particular application is helpful for your eyes.
- While the purpose was probably to make it an unsophisticated and easy to use application, its looks ended up being a bit rough and primitive. Additionally, its feature set could use a lot more polishing to match the ‘read mode’ of high-rated text editors.
– Cursor goes to the first line after clicking Paste button
– Improved UI