TextCrawler Pro Edition 3.0.5 is available as a free download from our software library. TextCrawler comes in handy to those who work with documents and text files, providing a quick means of performing searches and replacing keywords or even entire phrases.
Search within various documents and text files
- While it might seem crowded to some, its interface displays all the configurations options in a single tabbed window.
- The application is capable of processing individual files or entire folders, as well as the clipboard content. Also, it provides advanced filtering options to help you choose the file type (text, web, source code, XML, scripting, email, Fortran, SQL or custom filters). Moreover, you can instruct it to ignore specific formats.
Text manipulation options and accurate searches
- TextCrawler Pro Edition can perform a variety of operations besides the standard search and replace. It can be used to insert texts before and after a keyword, delete phrases or change a word’s case. And thanks to the integrated batch editor you can easily create command sets to be executed in order to fully control the application’s settings and the executed tasks.
- It features regular expressions support, which allows it to perform more accurate searches. Additionally, you have a word comparison tool at your disposal and two different algorithms to choose from, namely ‘Damerau-Levenshtein’ and ‘Double Metaphone’.
A reliable tool to search and replace text content
- Unlike the cost-free edition of TextCrawler, the Pro version comes with enhanced processing speed, preview mode, support for clipboard input and further search control options.
- Thanks to its intuitive customization options, you can quickly search for text pieces and phrases within multiple documents and text files, obtain accurate results and performing the modifications you want in an instant.
Features of TextCrawler Pro Full
- Search and replace across files, insert or delete text
- Many output options – update the file or write out to a new folder or filename
- Fast searching, even on large files.
- Simple to use interface
- Flexible search parameters
- Text extractor – rip text into a new file
- Post-process extracted text – sort, remove duplicate lines, remove whitespace
- Full window file list/preview mode
- Search and replace in the Windows clipboard
- Search and replace using Regular Expressions. Create sophisticated searches.
- Regular Expression test tool
- Limit your search to a line number range
- Regular Expression library – Save your searches.
- Create backup files
- Fully Unicode Compatible – Search ANSI, UTF-8, UTF-16
- Highlighted search results
- Export Results
- Preview your replacements before committing, or send to a diff tool.
- Copy, move or delete found files
- Batch Find and Replace
- Trigger batch operations from the command line
Developer: Home Page
OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8 x64.
– Can now select multiple commands to move/duplicate/delete in batch editor.
– Allow user-selectable font for editing areas.
– New log file functionality – logs type/number of replacements and any errors.
– Files with read/write errors now are shown in list.
– Output exit code/errorlevel upon application closure for use by Windows batch scripts.
– (Bugfix) Line missing when previewing multi line replace with multi-line preview turned on.
– (Bugfix) File import doesn’t automatically checkmark imported rows.