TeraByte Image for Windows is a professional drive image backup and restore utility that can be run on all Windows platforms. The tool helps you create snapshots of the desired partitions and save backups to local or network drives or simply burn them on CD or DVD (which are bootable by default).
You may backup or restore any partition, including those of DOS or Linux, as well as image and restore any drive letter, including network drives.
• The wizard-driven interface offers step-by-step support throughout the entire configuration process, which comes in handy especially for rookies, who can learn to set up the operation in no time.
Different backup modes
• Image for Windows gives you the possibility to choose between several backup modes. You may opt for a full backup of a single or multiple partitions, or an entire drive, or create a differential or incremental backup (contains only the changed sectors that have occurred on the source partition or hard drive).
• Plus, you may restore a backup and automatically choose the target location or manually specify it, validate a backup (checks are made in order to make sure that the backup is reliable), as well as copy (clone) a partition, partitions or an entire drive to another drive.
• In order to carry out a full backup mode, you need to select the drives that you want to save, pick a target location, enter a filename for the backup, as well as verify that every byte in the source data was backed up correctly and encrypt the backup file(s) with 256-bit AES encryption algorithm.
• Additionally, you may include all used and unused sectors in the backup, ignore IO Errors, log results to file, reboot, shutdown, or hibernate when the backup has completed successfully, disable TRIM, compress the backup files, choose the maximum size of the image files, and assign descriptive text to individual backups.
• The program comes packed with a bunch of dedicated parameters to help you tweak the process in detail. You can activate the “Simple Operations” feature for making the utility automatically handle most options for you, retain failed backups, display volume labels, and change the ID used for volumes to be numbered sequentially within the extended partition instead of using the normal ID.
• Furthermore, you may schedule tasks and store passwords (when logging in to a network share or email server). You can make use of the PHYLock add-on for helping you create a true image of the partition itself without requiring a reboot.
• Plus, you can activate the sound notifications when a task is completed, set the log file path and name created by Image for Windows and specify the maximum size, send the results via email, enable 2048 sector alignment for all drives, disable the PHYLock option (for restoring data at a specific point in time), and use Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service.
Excellent backup capabilities
• All in all, Image for Windows proves to be a reliable and powerful drive image backup and restore software solution. The multitude of advanced features makes it an ideal app for power users.
• Simple, Wizard-Driven interface – Easy to use the first time, and every time.
• Total Reliability – Provides the option to verify each and every byte it backs up.
• Convenience – Runs directly from Windows and when used with the free PHYLock add-on, it can create a true image of the Windows partition itself, without requiring a reboot.
• Maximum Compression – By default, maximum compression is applied to the drive images you create.
• Maximum Speed – If backup speed is paramount, you can bypass compression entirely.
• Optical Drive Support – You can save directly to a CD or DVD disc.
• Bootable Rescue Discs – Whenever you save directly to a CD or DVD, it will automatically become a bootable restore disc.
• Restore Individual Files or Folders – Using the free TBIView add-on, you can view the contents of the drive image files, and optionally restore individual files or folders within them.
• Compatibility – Automatically recognizes and backs up used area of FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, and XFS partitions. Partitions with other file system types can be backed up in their entirety.
• Cost Effectiveness – Includes Image for DOS and Image for Linux at no additional charge, making it a uniquely affordable and complete disk imaging solution.
• Flexibility – Restore partitions, regardless of the file system on the partition being restored. This gives you the power to restore NTFS partitions from Windows 98 or even DOS (as just a couple of examples).
• Wide-Ranging Device Support – Compatible with USB 2 and IEEE 1394 drives. Better yet, Image for DOS supports these drives directly, without requiring complicated driver installation. (Image for Windows simply uses the drivers already available under Windows.)
• Power – Using Image for DOS or Image for Linux (each of which is included with the purchase of Image for Windows) versions gives you the ability to recover your data, even if Windows won’t start.
• Network Support – Save backups to any drive accessible to Windows itself.
• RAID Support – Works seamlessly with on-board hardware- and firmware-based RAID.
• Command Line Support – Powerful, complete command line support is built in, allowing you to automate backup or restore procedures.
• Image File Validation – Allows you to check the integrity of the disk image files, either as part of the backup process, or at any time thereafter.
• Restored Partition Expansion – When restoring an image, you can expand the restored partition to occupy any free space that would be left over.
• Selectable Image File Sizes – If desired, you can specify a maximum size for the disk image files that are created. This allows you to create image files that readily fit on the removable media of your choice.
* not available
OS: Windows All
» TeraByte Image for Windows 2.96 Retail 151 MB