NCH Switch Sound File Converter Plus 4.79 prepares your audio files for playback on any portable device. Because of its support for all popular audio formats, we can safely call it a universal audio converter.
When your music collection is populated with all sorts of audio types, except the ones you need, a third-party application is required to accomplish audio conversion without making a compromise in sound quality. If that’s the case, search no more. Switch Sound File Converter can perform this task for you at great speed, while maintaining a decent level in terms of quality.
It features support for a wide array of audio formats, among which there are the following: WAV, MP3, FLAC, OGG, AIF, AAC, AMR, AU to name the most important ones. Aside from performing flawless encoding, the application is also capable of extracting audio streams from video and DVD files.
Based on the preferred output format, the application allows you to customize the encoder options. For instance, if MP3 is your format of choice, you can customize the bitrate and the channel encoding mode (stereo / mono).
How does it work? You simply add the file or files you wish to convert, select the output directory and format, and hit “Convert”. You can convert one file at a time, but batch conversion is also a possibility. Also, you can listen to songs prior to conversion and you can edit tags for each audio file.
All in all, Switch Sound File Converter may be one of the simplest and most effective converters out there. With its aid, you can get your music collection ready for portable devices with very little effort.
• Simple and intuitive interface.
• Converts a variety of different audio file formats (including WMA, AU, GSM and DSS formats) into MP3 or WAV format.
• Automatically normalise audio while converting
• Ability to play tracks prior to conversion.
• Import and convert a playlist (m3u and pls).
• MP3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional error correction and stereo modes.
• WAV encoder supports sample rates between 6000 and 196000Hz in PCM as well as a number of other audio codecs.
• Allows up to 32000 files to be converted in one batch.
• Can be run from the command line for automation with other applications.
• Optimized CPU usage and efficient code allows for fastest conversion times
* not available
OS: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008