KC Softwares SUMo is a pretty handy software program designed to keep the applications you’re using up to date, by providing a very simple way to find out whether there’s any update available for a certain program or not.
Automatically scan the PC for installed apps
• Although it may sound a bit complicated, SUMo automatically scans your computer and analyzes the installed applications to determine up-to-date tools, along with minor and major updates.
• There is also the option to perform the whole job manually by simply dragging and dropping an executable file over the main window, or by indicating a custom drive or directory, thus letting SUMo conduct a scan and check for updates.
Clean and intuitive interface
• The interface is quite straightforward and intuitive, showing all the installed apps and their versions, together with available update versions for outdated utilities.
• Plus, there are dedicated buttons at the bottom of the main window to check, scan, add, remove or ignore programs, so it’s easy to manage everything.
Evaluation and conclusion
• However, our tests revealed some issues. While SUMo worked with most popular programs, it failed to detect updates for others. Plus, “false positives” emerge every once in a while and although you’re informed that a new update is available, this is not the case.
• Of course, you need an Internet connection to use SUMo and although some users complain that it’s terribly slow, speed was not a problem during our tests. CPU and RAM consumption was reasonable too.
• To sum things up, SUMo may prove to be quite a practical software solution that could become a must-have for many experienced users out there looking to quickly update programs. Just keep an eye out for glitches.
• not available
* not available
OS: Windows All