Steganos Password Manager is a user-friendly program designed to keep all your passwords in a single and secure place, whether we’re talking about bank or email accounts, credit cards, and other important data.
Set up a master password using a virtual keyboard
• The installation procedure is fast and shouldn’t give you any trouble. Once launched, it asks you for a master password that will be used every time you want to access the information.
• This key can be saved on a USB flash drive for safekeeping. Plus, there’s a virtual keyboard put at your disposal, in case you suspect the computer to be hijacked by keyloggers.
Set up an image sequence and generate random keys
• It’s also possible to set up a sequence of images to activate in the correct order, as well as to use a random password generator with any combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, along with numbers and special characters.
Create and organize keychains
• The main application window has a neatly organized structure, enabling you to set up new key chains, categories and entries with a description, username and password, URL, description, and attachments.
• For bank accounts, you can add the transfer or routing number or BIC, account number or IBAN, PIN number, and attachments. Similarly, it’s possible to create credit cards with the card holder and number, PIN number, verification form, expiration date, and attachments.
• Steganos Password Manager lets you back up, export and import the database, create favorites, set up a Dropbox account to store keychains, print information, rename or duplicate entries, as well as edit personal data.
Evaluation and conclusion
• No error dialogs popped up in our tests and the program didn’t hang or crash. It left a small footprint on system resources, running on low CPU and RAM.
• To sum it up, Steganos Password Manager facilitates a secure safe for storing personal information and password, and it can be handled with ease by all types of users.
Features of Steganos Password Manager
Creating, storing passwords and other access codes in an encrypted list. It is necessary to remember only one password to access the program
Special entry form
It provides direct access to the bank account and credit card data, personal information (address, phone, email, etc.)
With one click, Steganos Password Manager automatically fills in forms on websites by entering your name and address
Steganos Password Widget
Provides direct access to the list of passwords without having access to the program. Steganos Password Widget placed anywhere on the screen
Import passwords stored in Firefox
Passwords stored in Mozilla Firefox can be easily imported into the Steganos Password Manager. All passwords are securely encrypted
The ability to copy, move and combine different profiles in one
Portable storage of passwords
Storing, managing, creating, deleting passwords and access codes – for USB-drives, smartphones and PDA (Windows Mobile) Ability to synchronize to update the new and changed passwords
Generating strong passwords a few clicks. Defining the properties of the password length, symbols, numbers, upper and lower case
Access to the program
Manual access using USB-drive, PDA, memory card, digital media or iPod. Visual access using pictures or automatic access for mobile phones with Bluetooth. If your Bluetooth device is out of range, Steganos Password Manager automatically closes
User access to Steganos Password Manager with the help of a series of images as a password
Automatic introduction of passwords
Filling in user data and passwords to log on to websites. Supported for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
Developer: Home Page