Spectaculator is an emulator of the ZX Spectrum console launched in 1982. Thanks to it, we can remember on the computer the iconic productions launched on this hardware platform.
The tool allows you to run any game and program that runs the same as if it was played with ZX Spectrum. The creators were in charge of numerous configuration options, allowing the choice of the ZX Spectrum model to emulate, defining the buttons on the controller or joystick, as well as establishing the way to display the image (for example, black and white screen), reproduce Sounds and much, much, more. It is also possible to record the game course or record game audio.
During the height of ZX Spectrum, the games were much more difficult, so in this emulator we can use codes so that, for example, the hero has an infinite number of lives. The convenience of use is also guaranteed by the possibility of using external controllers connected via USB or with Bluetooth technology (such as an Xbox 360 pad).
Developer: Home Page
– Enter key can now be mapped to one of the joystick/game pad buttons.
– Fixed AY noise generation (although you probably won’t be able to tell any difference). With thanks to Patrik Rak.
– Fixed crash when clicking to the right of Custom ROMs on the Advanced tab.
– Fixed Action Replay (RZX) finalisation crashing in some rare situations (thanks Pavel Plíva).
– Fixed errors when writing to TRD/SCL disk images under certain situations (thanks Shadow Maker)
– Fixed recording of SpecDrum output to AVI and audio files.
– Fixed recording of Covox output to AVI and audio files.
– Fixed selection of COM ports used by the ZX Interface 1 serial port emulation.