Sony Catalyst Edit 2017 – In video, focus is critical. Catalyst Edit focuses on 4K, Sony RAW, and HD video editing so you can focus on your creativity. Deliver your most stunning video productions in all the glory you captured through your lens. You’ve dreamed it. You’ve shot it. Now cut it.
Features of Sony Catalyst Edit 2017
• Verify shots immediately on set, including Sony RAW and S-Log clips
• Solve your camera media wrangling issues with a single application
• Deadline pressure? Quickly review and identify subclips for copying, eliminating the long transfer times needed for entire clips
• Work in the same simple, consistent, fresh user interface
• Simple, powerful interface with a quick and easy learning curve
• Secure, integrated clip upload to Sony Media Cloud Services Ci enables cloud-based, collaborative review of work with your extended team
• Intuitive design provides the tools you need for each step, ending cognitive overload, clutter, and confusion
• Back up your camera media with confidence from integrated checksum verification
• Media libraries are saved automatically and continuously, preserving critical edits
• Precise managed color workflow ensures accuracy and consistency for Sony RAW and S-Log sources
• Improved editing. Split audio from video, create nested timelines, group select and edit. Make edits to your project with full confidence that edits you’ve made later in the timeline ripple to preserve the work you’ve already done.
• Ripple edits
• Dual app workflow. Use the Windows auto resize feature or the new split view in Mac OS X to take advantage of drag and drop from Catalyst Prepare to Catalyst Edit.
• OpenFX plug-ins. Add keyframeable video effects to clips, tracks, and any timeline in your project.
• Hover scrub. Fluid hover scrub makes seeking through clips in the Media Browser super-fast. Mark in and out points so you can quickly add just the material you need to get on with your edit.
• Audio envelopes. Use Audio envelopes to automate your audio mix.
File format support:
• Sony RAW 4K, Sony RAW 2K, XAVC Long, XAVC Intra, XAVC S, XDCAM 422, XDCAM SR (SStP), DNxHD, ProRes (OS X), AVC H.264/MPEG-4, AVCHD, HDV, DV, XDCAM MPEG IMX, JPEG, PNG, WAV, and MP3.
• Catalyst Production Suite supports a variety of cameras, Professional Disc players, and card readers, as well as BlackMagic Design professional video output devices including UltraStudio, DeckLink, and Intensity PRO.
Developer: Sony Creative Software Inc
Added high-quality deinterlacing and upscaling to convert SD and HD sources to modern progressive HD and UHD assets. High-quality deinterlacing and upscaling are available when you select a video processing device other than your CPU in the application settings dialog.
High-quality deinterlacing is applied to interlaced source media when playback is paused and during transcoding.
High-quality upscaling is applied during playback when the timeline resolution is set to an HD or UHD resolution and during transcoding when you choose an HD or UHD render preset.
Added support for multi-input OpenFX video effects.
When you’re editing video effects, a control point is displayed in the video preview when you select a position parameter in the Inspector. You can adjust the parameter’s position by dragging the control point in the video preview or the Inspector.
Added an Overlay toggle control to the Inspector to allow you to show or hide a plug-in’s interactive overlay controls in the video preview (when available).
Added support for using Final Cut Pro X keyboard shortcuts.
The Relink Project Media dialog now fully supports media from Catalyst Prepare libraries.
Improved playback performance for XDCAM and XAVC clips when using a system without a dedicated OpenCL GPU.
Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when opening some OpenEXR clips.
Fixed a bug that could cause audio synchronization issues during playback in some cases.
Fixed a bug that could cause blank video and audio streams to be rendered when transcoding MPEG source clips.
Fixed a bug that could cause the Marker popup to open inconsistently when selecting markers on the timeline.
Fixed a bug that could prevent the cursor from snapping to the play cursor when trimming near the edges of events.
Fixed a bug that could allow the split bar to move unpredictably when using split-screen previews and zooming on the video preview.
Fixed a bug that could cause playback to hang during looped playback.