SmartEdit for Word is a Microsoft Word Add-In for creative writers. It takes the heavy lifting out of the editing process, making your job easier and faster. If you’re writing a novel or short story SmartEdit will help you polish that first draft in record time.
Editing app for Microsoft Word users
- Polish & improve your novel with SmartEdit for Word
- Identify word and phrase over-use
- Monitor adverbs and clichés, crutch words and phrases
- Improve sentence structure and punctuation
- Sits inside Microsoft Word — No need to use another app!
Features of SmartEdit for Word Software
What does SmartEdit do?
SmartEdit runs over 25 checks on your document and highlights potential problems, including:
• Repeated words and phrases
• Over-use of adverbs and clichés
• Misused words such as breathe instead of breath
• Long and winding sentences
• Use of crutch words
• Unusual dialogue tags that shouldn’t be there
• Misnamed proper nouns that slipped past you
• Excessive use of semi-colons and exclamation marks
What does SmartEdit NOT do?
• It does not tell you to remove or replace a word
• It does not make any automated changes for you
• It does not make suggestions
• It does not tell you whether your work might be good, bad, or somewhere in between
You’re the creative writer; it’s your novel. SmartEdit is a tool that’s there to help you as you edit. A glorified spell-checker. Nothing more.
Are you a published author? Are you planning to become a published author? Have you finished or are you close to finishing a first draft of a novel or short story? If you answered yes to any of these questions, SmartEdit is for you.
SmartEdit Microsoft Word Add-In:
• Over-used words and phrases
• Adverbs & unusual dialogue tags
• Punctuation issues
• Personal crutch words
• 80,000 words? No problem!
• Requires Windows 10, 8.1 or 7
Developer: Bad Wolf Software
– It will run on all recent versions of Windows: 10, 8.1, and 7.
– There is no MAC version of either app, and there are no plans to build Mac versions at this term.
– SmartEdit for Word requires Microsoft Word (2019, 2016, 2013 or 2010).