Safe Startup is an easy-to-use software application that gives you the possibility to manage apps which automatically run at system startup and disable the ones you don’t need to speed up Windows boot time.
Features of Safe Startup Pro
Speedy setup and clear-cut interface
• Installing this app is a fast and easy job that shouldn’t give you any trouble. Once it’s over, you are welcomed by a clean and intuitive interface made from a large window with a neatly organized structure, where you can check out the current apps with autostart, including their corresponding executable file.
Examine autostart information for apps
• A search function and several filters are put at your disposal to help you locate certain apps faster. Clicking an entry from the list reveals additional information surrounding the program, such as file description and size, company, command-line parameters, type of startup (e.g. automatic or manual, always or one time), and the link’s location.
Disable and restore autostart entries
• Apart from the fact that you can disable and re-enable autostart entries, Safe Startup gives you the possibility to add personal comments, launch the file on the spot with one click without leaving the program’s interface, always stop the executable file if it’s running with the currently set parameters, or always delete the link at startup.
Customize various preferences
• Other configurable settings can enable Safe Startup to run periodical checks by monitoring startup links at all times, show messages in the center of the screen and notify you when new links are found, ignore system services, the SVCHOST.exe file, programs made by PrivacyRoot and those signed by certificates, as well as disable administrative privileges when launching itself.
Evaluation and conclusion
• The software utility supports multiple UI languages. It worked well in our tests, without triggering the OS to hang, crash or display error messages. CPU and RAM consumption was low, so it didn’t hamper system performance.
• On the other hand, there are many apps out there that offer the same features as Safe Startup for free. Nevertheless, you can give it a shot, since it provides efficient and intuitive solutions to managing autostart entries.