Plug-in expandability gives unlimited possibilities of third party enhancements. There is also a built-in application uninstaller, allowing you to uninstall redundant applications from the system completely.
With Reg Organizer you can customize the ‘Open with…’ context menu, delete items from the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ dialog, specify the programs to run at Windows startup, analyze the shared dynamic link libraries (DLL) and more… Another set of features will be useful to administrators, as well as ordinary users.
• Registry editor for viewing and editing the system registry, manipulating the registry keys and values, exporting, importing, copying them, etc.
• The registry cleaner of Reg Organizer can detect many types of registry errors. These include searching the registry for invalid references to files, folders and DLLs; invalid uninstallation data; finding obsolete and invalid file extensions and other issues. Reg Organizer can repair many of these registry problems.
• Registry search feature can find all keys related to a certain application and delete them, if necessary. This feature can be useful if you manually delete some application that has no uninstall feature. In this case its keys can be left in the registry interfering with the normal operation of other programs. Reg Organizer provides the deepest search and can often find even those keys, that wouldn’t be identified by other similar programs.
• Defragmenting and compressing the registry: Increase the performance of the registry and consequently the overall performance of your system.
• Ablilty to change many undocumented Windows settings (tweaks). In particular, it can accelerate the work of your system by sending the system a command to increase cache memory size or by unloading unused libraries, etc.
• Ability to get information about any selected registry key and monitor changes of the specific keys.
• Preview of the registry files (*.reg) before adding their contents to the system registry. The files can be viewed directly from Windows Explorer. Reg Organizer presents the file contents in the tree-like form, helping to visualize all keys that will be imported into the registry.
• Functional registry file editor, allowing you to edit keys and values, add and delete data containing in the .reg files.
• Provide quick access to all of the programs that are automatically started when you turn on or logon to your computer. Using Reg Organizer, you can inspect, edit, or disable such programs.
• Registry search and replace mode offers you a variety of options for searching the registry and replacing the records matching the specified criteria.
• Built-in software uninstaller. It can take snapshots before and after application installs and eradicate ALL system changes made by an app like it was never installed. Besides, this feature can be used for displaying changes made by the application to each of the system components.
• Disk Cleanup tool lets you automatically remove unnecessary files from the hard drive of your computer, and to search for and fix invalid shortcuts.
* The Application Uninstaller tool: The new type of applications for Windows 8/8.1/10 (Windows Store applications) is supported.
* The Startup Applications tool:
1) Support of the new startup locations: Services and Drivers. Reg Organizer allows to to configure the delayed launch of the applications from these locations as for other startup applications.
2) When displaying entries which are calling the third-party code by way of using the rundll32.exe program, the information about the actually called module is shown instead of rundll32.exe.
3) A command for removing the selected entry has been added to the startup items list.
* Disk Cleanup: If you want to specify the custom file masks to be removed during the disk cleanup (via Main Menu -> Commands -> Settings… -> Disk Cleanup -> Custom Files), now it is not necesary to add every mask separately. Just add them in one line, for example: “*.tmp *.temp”.
* Bugs fixed:
1) If you try to reboot the computer without closing Reg Organizer, a message was shown that latter does not allow to end the session.
2) Registry editor: The unusual registry string values that does not have the the null terminating character, could be displayed with the superfluous, “garbage” characters at the end.
OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1.