Reg Organizer is a feature-rich application designed to edit, clean and maintain registry, fix errors in the system, and improve computer performance. The deep registry search feature lets you find all registry keys related to a specific application. The program helps you to preview and edit registry files (.reg) and view their content directly from Windows Explorer. Includes Registry cleaner, which will safely compact, repair and optimize the Registry. With Reg Organizer you can thoroughly search the Registry to find all the keys related to a certain application – Reg Organizer does this job quicker and better than other similar programs. Other Reg Organizer features include the ability to find and replace the Registry entries, automatic Registry cleanup, Disk Cleanup tool, access to many undocumented Windows features. Plug-in expandability gives unlimited possibilities of third party enhancements. There is also a built-in application uninstaller, allowing you to uninstall redundant applications from the system completely.
With Reg Organizer you can customize the ‘Open with…’ context menu, delete items from the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ dialog, specify the programs to run at Windows startup, analyze the shared dynamic link libraries (DLL) and more… Another set of features will be useful to administrators, as well as ordinary users.
• Registry editor for viewing and editing the system registry, manipulating the registry keys and values, exporting, importing, copying them, etc.
• The registry cleaner of Reg Organizer can detect many types of registry errors. These include searching the registry for invalid references to files, folders and DLLs; invalid uninstallation data; finding obsolete and invalid file extensions and other issues. Reg Organizer can repair many of these registry problems.
• Registry search feature can find all keys related to a certain application and delete them, if necessary. This feature can be useful if you manually delete some application that has no uninstall feature. In this case its keys can be left in the registry interfering with the normal operation of other programs. Reg Organizer provides the deepest search and can often find even those keys, that wouldn’t be identified by other similar programs.
• Defragmenting and compressing the registry: Increase the performance of the registry and consequently the overall performance of your system.
• Ablilty to change many undocumented Windows settings (tweaks). In particular, it can accelerate the work of your system by sending the system a command to increase cache memory size or by unloading unused libraries, etc.
• Ability to get information about any selected registry key and monitor changes of the specific keys.
• Preview of the registry files (*.reg) before adding their contents to the system registry. The files can be viewed directly from Windows Explorer. Reg Organizer presents the file contents in the tree-like form, helping to visualize all keys that will be imported into the registry.
• Functional registry file editor, allowing you to edit keys and values, add and delete data containing in the .reg files.
• Provide quick access to all of the programs that are automatically started when you turn on or logon to your computer. Using Reg Organizer, you can inspect, edit, or disable such programs.
• Registry search and replace mode offers you a variety of options for searching the registry and replacing the records matching the specified criteria.
• Built-in software uninstaller. It can take snapshots before and after application installs and eradicate ALL system changes made by an app like it was never installed. Besides, this feature can be used for displaying changes made by the application to each of the system components.
• Disk Cleanup tool lets you automatically remove unnecessary files from the hard drive of your computer, and to search for and fix invalid shortcuts.
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Changes in Reg Organizer 6.0 (January 22, 2013):
* Tweaks – the tool which is intended for changing the hidden and hard-to-get-to options of the operating system – has been revamped. Here are some changes:
1) Quick tune-up groups have been added. With their help, it is possible to optimize the specific aspects of the operating system functioning with a few mouse clicks. For example, when working with the Internet or system, load and unload time can be optimized.
2) The number of tweaks available in the program for manual changing by the user was increased.
3) For more experienced users, an option was added to create their own tweaks and share them with other users. Also thecreated tweaks can be exported so that Reg Organizer won’t be needed to open them. Any registry editing tool will do, for example, the standard regedit.exe from the operating system.
4) Safer working with the tweaks: any changing can be easily undone. A button for opening the Undoing Changes Center has been added to the right lower corner of the Tweaks tool window.
5) Windows 8 support (the rest of the tools of Reg Organizer supported it before as well).
6) A new tweak has been added: “Hide Recycle Bin from Desktop”.
* The Registry Editor tool:
1) The ability to start the registry editor quickly, directly from Windows, even if Reg Organizer is not open. To do this, you just enter the alias “rrr” in the Run window (it appears when pressing the Win + R keys combination in Windows), in the search field of the Start Menu, or the Start screen of Windows 8. This will result in opening the registry editor of Reg Organizer. The confirmation window of the User Account Control (UAC) feature of Windows won’t be displayed.
2) In the input field of the search string, a hint will be displayed with information about where the search will be performed (in the entire Registry or separate key), in accordance with the current settings.
3) Toolbar is nestled than before: The Registry File button has been removed because it’s rarely used, and its commands can now be found on context menus.
4) You can switch between the main window controls by pressing the Tab key on the keyboard, without using the mouse.
5) Registry settings are sorted alphabetically as in the standard registry editor (regedit.exe).
6) The behaviour of the registry editor key entering field has been improved when manually typing the key.
7) Adding and displaying the registry items in Favorites has been improved.
8) When creating a registry value, the focus by default will be set to its name. When editing, it will be set to the value’s data.
* The Express Check function now works faster.
* Usability improvement: The Important Registry Parts tool’s sections are now sorted so that the most popular ones are shown first.
* Disk Cleanup tool:
1) By default, the program deletes shortcuts pointing to files that do not exist. However, you can enable the repair of such files instead of deletion (that’s the way these files were handled in the previous versions).
2) When a file is deleted, the program creates a record in the Undoing Changes Center.
* The Undoing Changes Center is an updated feature allowing you to rollback changes made to the system registry using Reg Organizer.
1) The changes made to the system registry while using the registry tool of Reg Organizer can be cancelled. For example, if you’ve accidentally deleted an important key during the registry editing, it can be easily restored.
2) For each backup, you can see what registry items are affected by it.
3) Automatic deletion of obsolete backups.
4) The ability to rename backups. With this function, it is possible to specify any keywords in the backup’s name allowing you to easily distinguish one backup from another.
* Fixed bugs:
1) Registry snapshot comparison function didn’t work under Windows Vista or higher if the classic color theme was enabled.
2) The message “TTaskDialog requires themes to be enabled” could also be shown under the same conditions while working with the installing applications with tracing function.
3) When an application was removed using the Application Uninstaller tool, a message “For safety purposes a system restore point has been created” was shown even if a restore point wasn’t created.
4) Some interface elements were not displayed correctly if very large font is enabled in the system settings.
5) The program could hang if the user added too many items to the ignore list of the Registry Cleanup or Disk Cleaner.
6) Fixed bug: The program has an option for moving the unwanted files to a specified folder. The program did not exclude that folder from scanning when the option was enabled. As a result, the program used to scan that folder and find previously processed files again.
Homepage – http://www.chemtable.com
File Size : 6 MB