Pandora Recovery is a program that can help you retrieve files and folders that have been lost or deleted from your computer.
You should be careful when installing this tool. Since it is an ad-supported product, Pandora Recovery offers to download and install third-party components that it doesn’t need to fully function, as well as to make some changes to your web browsers.
When you initiate the application with the user-friendly interface, you can use the wizard to get started.
So, you can select the volume that you wish to browse for files and select your scanning method (“Browse”, “Search” or “Deep Scan”). In other words, you can look for every deleted or lost file, or filler your search according to the full or partial file name, file size, as well as date of creation and modification.
The “Deep Scan” mode takes a longer time to finish but it is thorough. It can reveal information from drives with corrupted file tables, recently formatted drives or removable drives. It can also look for a particular type of file, such as images, archives, MS Office documents and audio files.
Once the scanning is complete, you can use an Explorer-based layout to look for a certain file and view its name, size, type, date of creation and modification, and overwritten status.
If you open the context menu, you can get a quick view of the file, read its properties and recover it to a specified destination (as an advanced option, you can also choose to recover file attributes and alternative data streams).
The tool uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, includes a well-drawn help file with snapshots and didn’t pop up any errors during our tests. Scanning can take a very long time to complete, ranging from several minutes to several hours, depending on the search mode and the size of your hard drive.
All in all, Pandora Recovery is an excellent application for retrieving lost or deleted files and folders, and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Pandora Recovery description
Pandora Recovery is a powerful free tool to attempt recovery of permanently deleted files.
Pandora Recovery is a powerful free tool that provides its users an effective way to attempt recovery of permanently deleted files. And that does not mean restoration of a file from Recycle Bin.
Pandora Recovery actually recovers files permanently removed from Recycle Bin, files originally deleted using Shift + Delete keys bypassing Recycle Bin and files deleted from DOS prompt.
Pandora Recovery is not a backup tool – it can recover files that have been deleted months before Pandora Recovery was installed.
And while the likelihood of successful recovery is negatively affected by the time passed since the deletion of files Pandora Recovery users were able to recover files deleted more than five years after deletion!
When you delete a file on FAT32 or NTFS file system, its content is not erased from disk but only reference to file data in File Allocation Table or Master File Table is marked as deleted. It means that you might be able to recover deleted files, or make it visible for file system again.
Pandora Recovery allows you to find and recover recoverable deleted files from NTFS-formatted volumes, regardless of their type – you can recover pictures, songs, movies or documents.
Pandora Recovery will scan your hard drive and build an index of existing and deleted files and directories (folders) on any logical drive of your computer with supported file format. Once the scanning is complete you have full control over which files to recover and what destination to recover them to.
You can BROWSE the hierarchy of existing and deleted files, or you can use SEARCH functionality to find a deleted file if you remember at least one of the following:
· full or partial file name,
· file size,
· file creation date, or
· file last accessed date
On top of that, Pandora Recovery allows you to preview deleted files of certain type (images and text files) without performing recovery. This feature becomes really important if you are forced to recover deleted files to the same drive.
Currently you can preview files having several image file types (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, ICO,TIF, TGA, PCX, WBMP, WMF, JP2, J2K, JBG, JPC, PGX, PNM, RAS, CUR) and several text file types (TXT, LOG, INI, BAT, RTF, XML, CSS). Quick Viewer allows you preview file contents as text if it cannot find appropriate viewer for it.
To use quick viewer you can select deleted file and or click the Quick Viewer icon or right click on deleted file and select ‘Quick View’. Quick View will then display a preview of deleted file.
Here are some key features of “Pandora Recovery”:
· Recover Archived, Hidden, Encrypted, Compressed files
· Recover Alternate Data Streams (ADS)
· Recover Images, Documents, Movies, or any other type of files
· Recovery success estimate
· Review File properties and Drive properties
· Recover to Local Hard Drive, Network Drive, or Flash Drive
· Recognizes NTFS, NTFS5 and NTFS/EFS
· Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2000
· Wizards, hints and context-sensitive help
· File system: NTFS, NTFS5, NTFS+EFS
· 233 Mhz Pentium processor or better, 64MB RAM, 4MB free hard drive space, Mouse, Internet Connection (dial-up modem, cable modem or DSL) for program updates.
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Expands the list of supported formats to include FAT16 and FAT32. This allows recovery of files wiped out from digital camera cards, USB flash drives, Win98 and some older WinXP hard drives.
· Implements support for automatic device insertion and removal detection, makes search statistics available to the user, adds % overwritten to the list of sort criteria and improves navigation paths.
· By default, only the deleted items, or folders with deleted files or subfolders will be displayed in the browse tree. The display can be toggled by using the ‘Show deleted items only’ button in the toolbar.
· The user interface has been localized to Russian and Serbian locale.
File Size: 5.8 MB