My Lockbox is a straightforward software solution that provides you with a secured environment to lock folders. It can be seamlessly used, even by novices.
The interface of the program is plain and uncomplicated. When you first run My Lockbox, you are required to set a password to protect the tool against unauthorized users. This option is highly recommended if you share your computer with someone else.
All you have to do is select a folder in order for My Lockbox to automatically hide it. It is possible to view its contents straight from the main application window, as well as to remove the protection status.
When you add another folder, the first one is automatically removed from the secured environment. Unfortunately, “My Lockbox” does not allow you to hide multiple folders at the same time.
Features of My Lockbox
• Extremely easy in use;
• Clear and convenient user interface available in more than 10 different languages;
• Hotkey combinations for basic actions;
• Instant data protection with no limits on size of the protected data;
• Password protection for locked data and program uninstall;
• Free edition protects one folder with unlimited number of subfolders. Professional edition protects unlimited number of folders;
• Supports all modern Windows operating systems (XP, Vista, 7, 8) including 64-bit editions;
• Instant and safe online password recovery;
• Almost any folder on your computer can be password protected;
• Prevents you from locking system-critical folders, e.g. C:\Windows;
• Trusted processes feature lets backup, antivirus or similar software to backup or scan your protected folder;
• Protects folders even in Windows safe mode;
• Renaming upper-level folder would not reveal protected files;
• Modern skinned user interface;
Developer: FSPro Labs