MAGIX Vegas Pro 13
Vegas™ Pro 13 is a contemporary NLE designed for complete creative control. New features include advanced archival tools, sophisticated audio metering, and the Vegas Pro Connect mobile iPad companion app. Vegas™ Pro 13 comes complete with DVD Architect™ Pro 6, Dolby® Digital Professional Encoder, and plug-in collections from FXHOME, NewBlueFX, and iZotope®.
Features of MAGIX Vegas Pro
Innovative editing tools
• Edit SD, HD, 2K, and 4K material in 2D or stereoscopic 3D, with drag-and-drop functionality or traditional 3-point and 4-point editing modes. The Vegas Pro 13 interface provides an impressive array of innovative tools and thoughtful touches, with a fully customizable workspace for accomplishing a wide range of production tasks. Nest Vegas Pro projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands, and use application scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
Powerful effects and compositing engines
• Combine up to 32 high-quality, keyframeable effects per effects chain and apply them at the event, track, media, or project level. Vegas Pro 13 uses an advanced plug-in architecture based on the OpenFX standard to assure compatibility with hundreds of cutting-edge effects designed by leading video effects VFX developers. Parent/child tracks and 2D and 3D modes provide a powerful, flexible, and sophisticated compositing environment. Shape Masking tools and FX Masking make panning, cropping, and targeted effects treatments easy. The Color Match plug-in along with a wide range of other color-correction tools enable you to quickly match color characteristics from one clip to another.
• Import and export a wide range of project files to and from Vegas Pro 13. Project Interchange can convert between native .veg files and AAF for Avid® ProTools®, XML for Apple® Final Cut Pro® 7, Final Cut Pro X (export only), DaVinci Resolve 10, and .prproj for Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC and After Effects® CC.
New! Vegas Pro Connect – Vegas Pro 13 collaboration enhancement app for iPad
• To solve the collaboration challenge on video productions, Vegas Pro Connect replaces tedious written spreadsheets and notes with efficient online and offline review workflows. The app provides a comprehensive review system within a gesture-driven control surface and represents a genuine breakthrough in project collaboration and control. Easy to set up and use, Vegas Pro Connect provides the kind of collaborative edge that will make your clients feel like they have well-channeled editorial control as well as a more direct and meaningful involvement in the creative process.
• Working with OpenCL™ -supported devices from AMD and NVIDIA, Vegas Pro 13 leverages GPU acceleration for video FX, transitions, compositing, pan/crop, track motion and encoding, providing a significantly faster workflow. GPU acceleration provides playback performance gains and faster rendering times to streamline the video editing experience in Vegas Pro 13—ideal for industry professionals who work on tight deadlines where every second counts.
Stereoscopic 3D editing
• Create breathtaking stereoscopic 3D projects with the same ease and agility found in the Vegas Pro 2D workflow. Vegas Pro 13 provides the ability to easily import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media—all using industry-standard professional delivery formats including single or dual files with side-by-side, top/bottom, or line-alternate encoding. Anaglyphic monitoring and output are also supported. The 3D Link feature allows bulk pairing of stereoscopic 3D subclips on the timeline, with the ability to automatically pair stereoscopic 3D media from the Sony PMW-TD300 or a pair of PMW-F3 cameras.
Superior audio control
• Use unlimited audio tracks, high-resolution 24-bit/192 kHz audio recording and playback, punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compression/expansion. Shape your audio with customizable, real-time audio effects like EQ, reverb, delay, and more. Expand your audio processing and mixing options with supported third-party VST audio plug-ins. Vegas Pro 13 includes support for 64-bit versions of Sony Creative Software Noise Reduction 2.0, Wave Hammer, Acoustic Mirror, and more. Enjoy comprehensive mixdown functionality with full console capabilities.
New! Loudness meters
• Open the new Loudness Meters and tweak your mixes to maximize audio dynamic range while you maintain consistent -23 LUFS Integrated levels and create EBU R-128/CALM Act compliant renders that will pass unattenuated through every stage of any contemporary broadcaster’s signal path. The result: perfection, with your audio delivered to viewers in a state as dynamic and pristine as when it was rendered—exactly as you intended—regardless of playback system.
Powerful Blu-ray Disc authoring
• Burn movies to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Pro 13 timeline or with the included DVD Architect Pro 6 where you can author DVD and Blu-ray Disc projects with subtitles, multiple languages, and numerous playback menus. Preview and test your work in real time. Import layered Photoshop® .PSD files for buttons and other graphical elements. The MainConcept AVC encoder supports variable bit rates up to 40 Mbps and average bit rate of 25 Mbps, for top-of-the-line HD quality.
Developer: MAGIX Software GmbH
OS: Windows x64.
– 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
– 1 GB drive space for program installation
– SSD or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
– 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
– OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
– USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
– Windows-compatible sound card
– DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
– Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
– Supported DVD-recordable drive (for DVD burning only)
– Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
– GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering requires an OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory; 1GB for 4K.
– Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
– Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
– Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)