display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data. The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks and solid state disks today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems, report and
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions (for example, start an automatic backup).
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel detects and reports every disk problem. It is much more sensitive to disk failures and can display better and more detailed information about hard disk expected life and the problems found (if any). This is a more sophisticated way to predict failures than the “traditional” method: checking S.M.A.R.T. attribute thresholds and values only. For more information, please read how S.M.A.R.T. works and why Hard Disk Sentinel is different.
The software displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under high hard disk load.
OS: Windows All
——-[What’s New in This Release]——————–
Improvements and new features:
– displaying health (actual and original) during Disk -> Surface test functions
– improved display of S.M.A.R.T. attribute changes: automatically showing more dates based on screen resolution
– double click on S.M.A.R.T. attribute graphs to toggle showing all measured values
– right click on S.M.A.R.T. attribute graph to export all displayed values
– improved hardware self tests (Short self test, Extended self test) on various internal and external drives (previously reported “Interrupted with hardware/software reset” caused by special power management implementations)
– improved report of hard disk status and attributes for SCSI / SAS hard disks
– improved re-adjust Automatic Acoustic Management / Advanced Power Management levels on startup when required
– improved “sending files in e-mail” project
– log data communication errors
– added Slovak language support
PROGRAM PROVIDED FOR TEST PURPOSES ONLY!
IF YOU LIKE THIS PROGRAM, SUPPORT DEVELOPERS, PLEASE BUY IT!
HomePage – http://www.hdsentinel.com
File Size : 18 MB
This post was recently updated on January 10, 2014