Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD/SSD monitoring and analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data. The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks and solid state disks today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can’t be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
HDD Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions (for example, start an automatic backup).
Usually, hard disk health status may slowly decline, from day to day. The SMART monitoring technology can predict HDD failure by examining the critical values of the disk drive. Compared to other software, Hard Disk Sentinel detects and reports every disk problem. It is much more sensitive to disk failures and can display better and more detailed information about hard disk expected life and the problems found (if any). This is a more sophisticated way to predict failures than the “traditional” method: checking S.M.A.R.T. attribute thresholds and values only. For more information, please read how S.M.A.R.T. works and why Hard Disk Sentinel is different.
The software displays the current hard disk temperature and logs maximum and average HDD temperatures. This may be used to check the maximum temperature under high hard disk load.
OS: Windows All
——-[What’s New in This Release]——————–
Improvements and new features, improved hardware support:
* important update for hard disks / SSDs connected to motherboards with Intel chipsets
* important update for multi-drive enclosures (port multiplier and RAID enclosures)
* important update for various SSDs (Corsair Force GT SSDs, Samsung SSDs, etc.)
* display progress (% complete) on application button during hard disk surface test
* improved support of VANTEX HX4R, Chieftec, Sans Digital external RAID enclosures
* improved support for LSI SAS/SATA RAID controllers and DELL SAS/SATA RAID controllers
* improved support and health detection for various Seagate hard disks, for example Seagate Thin hard disks and Seagate hard disks with special firmware
* improved support for Areca RAID controllers, accessing hard disks and SSDs in different connected enclosures, displaying enclosure number and slot number
* improved support of JMicron JMB36X / Gigabyte GBB36X / HighPoint / VIA RAID controllers under Windows 2003
* added support for newer WD hard disk (WD RED, WD Enterprise RE, etc.)
* support of HighPoint 4522 RAID controller: detecting and displaying connected SATA hard disks (standalone and configured as RAID)
Bug fixes, further modifications:
* fixed periodic false alarms reported by older Intel chipset drivers (providing invalid S.M.A.R.T. information)
* fixed invalid S.M.A.R.T. information reported by LSI SAS RAID controllers for standalone (non-RAID) SATA drives
* fixed display of volume labels in hard disk selector (upper left area) if one or more partitions have no assigned logical drive letter
* general improvements for Chinese language, fixed hard disk temperature symbol in Sidebar Gadget when Chinese language used
* fixed warranty check for Samsung hard disk drives
* fixed startup problem with Drobo enclosures / devices
* improved real time performance graph display
* improved and more stable dynamic DNS update function
PROGRAM PROVIDED FOR TEST PURPOSES ONLY!
IF YOU LIKE THIS PROGRAM, SUPPORT DEVELOPERS, PLEASE BUY IT!
HomePage – http://www.hdsentinel.com
File Size : 13.2 MB
PassWord : www.karanpc.blogspot.in