Far Manager 3.0 is available as a free download from our software library. Similar to your room, the computer needs a little cleaning from time to time, even if this just implies moving files and folders around. FAR is a full-featured file manager that bundles basically all the tools you need to browse and manage your files, as well as plugin support for adding new features.
Simple design makes it easy to use
- With a Norton Commander-like interface, FAR is one of the easiest to use file managers in the market. It is fully customizable and allows users to configure shortcuts for basically every single action through intuitive and straightforward dialogs.
- Also offering mouse support, the application comes with built-in file viewers and text editors, but it also allows you to open some formats with the default Windows programs.
A large variety of tools to work with
- Of course, it supports file associations for some user-defined file types and long file names. It’s no surprise that FAR also boasts file highlight colors, a file search utility, video mode, a configurable user menu, compare folders tools, task lists, file view history and many other goodies.
Features of Far Manager Software Free
- Drag and drop facility for copy and move operations;
- Easy configurable options: internal/external file viewer and text editor, file operation associations for certain File types, panel view and file sorting modes;
- Long file name support;
- NTFS “compressed” and “encrypted” (Win2K) attribute and Hard/symbolic links support;
- Plugin modules and commands: default plugins set includes Archive management plugin, FTP client, network browser, print manager and temporary panel, but you may write your own plugins;
- Tunable configuration, color scheme customization;
- Clipboard functions;
Developer: Home Page