DesignCAD 3D Max 24.0 +
You can use DesignCAD to create drawings for any assignment, from simple to complex, and the finished drawing can be printed using any printer or plotter that the various 32-bit versions of Windows support.
DesignCAD can be customized to fit your particular application. You can create your own Custom Toolbox and even write your own DesignCAD commands using BasicCAD!
With its numerous high-end features, DesignCAD compares favorably with CAD systems costing thousands of dollars. Unlike other high-end systems though, DesignCAD is easy to learn and use. With a little practice, virtually anyone can make detailed drawings of professional quality using DesignCAD.
DesignCAD comes in two versions: “DesignCAD” is the 2D version, while “DesignCAD 3D Max” is a true three-dimensional CAD system. This help file will generally refer to both versions simply as “DesignCAD”; however, any 3D capabilities that are described herein are exclusive to DesignCAD 3D Max.
You are able to use both versions of DesignCAD for simple (and complex) 2D drafting. Both offer the ability to draw lines of precise lengths, create arcs with specific parameters, fill areas with hatch patterns or solid fills, and add dimensions and other annotations.
Only DesignCAD 3D Max gives you the additional ability to construct realistic 3D models of your projects. You can show them in wireframe view, with hidden lines removed, or with full-color shading–from any viewing angle. You can also create animation files which step the viewer around your drawing in smooth increments.
For example, you could start with an aerial view of a house, descend to ground level, and then walk all around it. You can even assign material properties to your creations, placing a brass doorknob on an oak door, or creating a lavatory of rose marble with chrome fittings.
DesignCAD can load drawings from almost any earlier version of DesignCAD, and can save to versions as far back as DesignCAD 97. You may also interchange drawings between the 2D and 3D versions of DesignCAD.
You can, for example, take a cross-section of a complex beam which was created in DesignCAD, load the cross-section into DesignCAD 3D MAX, and extrude it into a beam. Then you can save the extruded beam as a DesignCAD 3D MAX drawing, even with hidden lines removed!
If you want to go a step further, you can extrude your floor plan into an elevation, add a roof, and save a perspective view back into DesignCAD 2D format.
DesignCAD imports and exports drawings in DWG, DXF, and HPGL formats, and also reads and writes Windows Metafiles. DesignCAD can also export WPG, RIB and WRL formats.
Other imported formats include HPGL and XYZ. DesignCAD can pass drawing information to and from the Clipboard and export OLE 2.0 objects to applications that support them.
- Versatile, Easy to Learn & Use:
- DesignCAD 3D MAX is a general purpose CAD tool for easily creating precise, high-quality images, models and animations. 2D drafting and 3D modeling have never been easier. Design everything from furniture, decks, floorplans and architectural drawings to engineering layouts, electronic schematics, plats, maps, elevations and even toys for hobbies.
- Easy to Use 2D Drafting & Design:
- Intuitive yet sophisticated editing tools, advanced geometric construction capabilities, drawing short cut keys and complete layer management make 2D drafting a breeze.
- Usability Tools
- Workspace Tools
- Drawing Tools
- Editing and Measuring
- Dimension Tools
- Groups, Blocks, Symbols and more!
- Precision 3D Modeling:
- Access a full range of powerful 3D modeling primitives, including box, sphere, hemisphere, pyramid, cylinder, cone and torus. Utilize Boolean operations, including solid add, solid subtract, and slice, to shape your 3D parts. Add materials to your model to create presentation ready designs.
- 3D View Settings
- 3D Primitives
- 3D (Solid) Editing Operations
- 3D Visualization
- Realistic Visualization and Lighting:
- Render your 3D models with applied materials or texture maps or use transparency and fogging for added impact.
- Shadow Tool – smooth the edges of rendered shadows
- Procedural Textures – add marble, wood, cement, grain, patch, perlin noise, brick, cells or wood extended textures to your designs.
- Image Fills – Use an image as a fill pattern.
- DesignCAD utilizes layers that can be independently switched on and off in order for users to have a better visibility of the drawing. For example, if one just needs to see the outline of the component, he or she can switch off other layers containing center lines, dimensions, etc.
- DesignCAD can also lock layers, so that they are visible but not editable, in order to prevent accidental changes to the locked layer. Some features of objects, such as color or linestyle, can also be controlled on a per-layer basis, so for example, objects drawn in a particular layer can automatically have a certain color and/or linestyle applied. DesignCAD allows users to switch these by-layer settings on or off at will, or allow the settings to change automatically as they switch to and from layers with color or linestyle presets.
- The Layer Options dialog box has been redesigned in DesignCAD v22 to maximize the amount of layer information displayed. You can resize the dialog box to show more layers and longer layer names, columns can be hidden, resized, or rearranged, and new capabilities have been added to Show Marked Layers, Hide Marked Layers, Lock Marked Layers, Unlock Marked Layers, Clear Marked Layer Colors, Clear Marked Layer Line styles, and Clear All Layer names.
- Millions of 2D/3D Symbols:
- Choose from more than 10,000 2D/3D symbols to quickly drag and drop into your design. Plus, get access to millions more mechanical and architectural symbols with a free 3-month subscription to CADSymbols.com!
- 3D Model Content for Easier Architectural Design:
- Access 600 editable 3D models to quickly drag and drop into your architectural designs. Each colorful, fully texture-mapped symbol can be modified to your exact specification. Choose from:
- 129 structural models – doors and hardware, windows and window treatments, fireplaces, wood moldings and more
- 234 kitchen items – cabinets, appliances, faucets, sinks, counters and more
- 52 bath items – tubs, faucets, sinks, vanities and more
- 134 residential items – furniture, lighting fixtures and home décor
- 51 office items – desks, file & storage cabinets, tables, shelving and more
- Animation & Walkthroughs:
- Create stunning animated presentations with a moving view of your 3D model.
- Drawing Compare:
- Select two DesignCAD drawings or .BMP images, and Drawing Compare will perform a visual comparison of the two.
- There are options to switch from one to the other, to show only the differences, or to have the differences blink, quickly highlighting where changes have been made. Zoom In or select to Zoom to Differences to quickly spot any updates.
- The drawing comparison is an invaluable aid when working collaboratively on a project, or when picking up an older project and looking to see the status of updates. Use it to compare a design and an As Built drawing to see where changes have been implemented.
- Added Flexibility when Sharing Your Work:
- New Print Section – Print only a specified region of the drawing.
- Print Scale Options – Select from a standard set of print scale options or create your own.
- User Notes – Add notes to any drawing
- Save for Sharing – When you save a drawing, all files referenced externally (textures, symbols, images) are saved to a subfolder with the host drawing’s name.
- Paper Space Mode – Create a view frame and choose a specific scale or enter a custom view frame scale.
- AutoCAD DWG/DXF Compatible and more:
- Work with the latest AutoCAD files. Import/Export AutoCAD files through 2012 and enjoy excellent compatibility with AutoCAD layouts and PaperSpace, plus support for AutoCAD layers, linestyles, views, and blocks in both DXF and DWG file formats. DesignCAD even offers limited support for Architectural Desktop (ADT) objects, which are recognized and exploded to DesignCAD equivalents.
- DesignCAD imports DWG, DXF, WMF, HPGL and XYZ files and exports to DWG, DXF, WMF, HPGL, RIB, VRML, WPG and PDF.
- DesignCAD also supports several image formats including .BMP, .TIF, .JPG, .TGA, .WMF, .PSD, .AWD, .EPS, .WPG, .TIF, .PCX, and .PNG
- Use the built-in BasicCAD scripting language, or OLE Automation, or both, to add new tools and enhancements to DesignCAD.
OS: Windows 7 / 8