Even if the interface might seem intimidating at first, it is well organized and its structure allows beginners and experts alike to make the most of their photos. The left side tab allows browsing one’s graphic files, whereas the right panel is the place where image details are presented.
This way, novices can preview their photos then crop or sharpen them with ease. Experimenting with Corel AfterShot Pro helps them discover other handy functions, such as applying presets that automatically enhance a picture without any additional user input – if the output is satisfactory, the file can be saved or printed with a single mouse click.
Experts can adjust the lens correction, remove the RAW noise, modify the photo exposure or customize the color balance. Changing the light level or the photograph’s temperature can result in amazing landscapes or portraits, meant to emphasize the depicted scenery.
On the other hand, Corel AfterShot Pro can be used as a metadata viewer, detailing the camera model, shutter speed, exposure mode and GPS coordinates. It is also possible for users to choose the type of data that is displayed, depending on the information they are interested in.
Users can notice the effects of their changes onto the original image due to the real-time preview provided by Corel AfterShot Pro. A slideshow can be created, and a full-screen mode is also available for those who want to be distraction-free and focus on their editing.
To sum it up, this application comes in handy when it comes to exploring images, applying some adjustments or enhancements, then printing them and showing them off. One can rely on the evaluation period to play around with its settings, then purchase the software if meets their needs.
New Camera RAW support:
* Fujifilm X10, X-S1 and HS50EXR
* Nikon Coolpix P7800
* Leica D-Lux (TYP 109), V-Lux (TYP 114)
* HDR fixed for Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit version
* “RAW Impulse Noise Removal” stability fixed (issue occurred when OpenCL was enabled)
* Fujifilm: Chromatic aberration issue resolved
* HDR: Improved decoding and integration with main application
* Improved user interface for orientation bar
* HDR Batch Merge: Improved overall capability and stability
* Improved white balance adjustment for “Dark night” photos
* Mac/Linux HDR: Improved Auto Brush results
* Improved Athentech noise removal results
* Qt framework upgraded to version 5.4 *See system requirement changes below.
* Mac Retina display is fully supported
* Improved 4K display support for Windows
* Thumbnail icons improved
OS: Windows XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit