Salfeld Child Control 2015 15.670 is a simple but powerful tool with a simple interface that lets you block other users’ (particularly children) access to the computer and Internet.
After the installation process is completed, you can set a password and make the tool keep you informed with updates via email.
You can run a wizard to configure program settings. For example, you can define the time of computer and Internet availability. When the time expires, the computer will shut down (but this option can be changed).
Plus, you can specify the time when the computer and Internet will be inaccessible by a particular user.
Furthermore, you can enable an Internet Filter (it allows you to create a list of allowed websites) and adjust the security level (from low to very high).
When exploring the interface’s features, you can reconfigure time limits for the computer and Internet (optionally enable force break), as well as create a whitelist and blacklist regarding permitted websites and applications.
In addition, you can disable sensitive tools found in Windows, such as Command Prompt, Registry Editor, Control Panel, time and date settings, Task Manager, Run, and others.
Moreover, you can add more users to the “banned” list, enable Internet remote, view log files and modify various options (e.g. set the tool to log out if the computer or Internet limit has been reached, synchronize date and time with the Internet).
The program needs a moderate amount of system resources, can guide you to online video tutorials and didn’t pop up any errors during our tests. Don’t worry, the program password is required even if another user tries to uninstall it.
All in all, Child Control is an excellent tool for limiting time of other users spent on your computer and we highly recommend it to everyone.
• Easy to setup and manage
• Limits PC and Internet usage times
• Limits times on single *.exe/URLs
• Powerful internet filter/blacklists
• Blocks file sharing and downloads
• Restrict system settings/folders
• E-Mails parents daily usage report
• Internet Remote – Manage Child Control from every browser
• Specify computer time limits according to the day of the week
• Set off-limits times for PCs (e.g., after 11 p.m.)
• Set time limits for categories of websites, such as videos and online games
• Set specific time limits for each computer application
* Further improvements in Report
OS: Windows All