Checkbook For Excel is a truly easy-to-use checkbook application that can help alleviate the anxiety of keeping track of expenses, deposits, service fees, and other details of keeping a checking account on the money.
It’s so much better than your average paper checkbook register, Checkbook for Excel can be customized to track expenses; flag tax-related events; manage one’s PayPal expenses, deposits and fees; prepare and print reports; even print checks. All you have to do is set up a ledger sheet for each financial account you wish to manage. It is here you will be prompted to provide the details (name and address of creditor, amount, whether recurring, and more) of each expense and deposit. And it is in these details that the complexity of managing one’s financial life becomes, well, less complex. The most challenging part of Checkbook for Excel is making sure you remember to actually enter the data, particularly those ATM withdrawals. You can also split category designations, which is particularly helpful if you want to track childcare expenses that may be of tax consequence. The only limiting factor is that you cannot create a new category (such as “beekeeping”), but instead rely on a generic miscellaneous category. You can also download Final Draft 12
Features of Checkbook For Excel
- Adds numerous automated Quick Reports by month, year, etc.
- Adds numerous automated Ledger Filters by month, year, un-cleared transactions only, etc.
- Adds the ability to filter the data in the Report worksheet using Excel’s Auto-filter feature.
- Enhances the Create Report feature and adds the ability to save and retrieve user-defined custom filters and reports.
- Adds the ability to set monthly budget amounts for expense and income categories.
- Adds a Budget Summary report that compares budget to actual for income and expense categories with in-cell charts for easy visualization.
- Adds the ability to go straight to the Report Summary or Budget Summary worksheet when using the Create Report function.
- Enhanced the Report Summary and Ledger Summary reports with improved formatting and an income vs. expenses mini-chart.
- Adds a new Move Transaction tool that provides the ability to move a transaction to a different ledger.
- Adds the ability to have multiple charts on the Report Summary and Ledger Summary reports. This allows you to maintain two charts, one for income and one for expenses. The charts update automatically when the data changes.
- Provides transaction tools on the Checkbook menu tab when custom transaction types are added.
- Improves the Scheduled Recurring Transaction functionality.
- Adds new Ledger color schemes and modernized all the existing color schemes.
- Modernizes the fonts and row spacing on the Ledgers, Report and various summary worksheets.
- Adds an option to set which Ledger worksheet is initially displayed when the Checkbook for Excel file opens.
- Updates the Report worksheet to improve the appearance.
- Improves the Checkbook menu tab appearance so the tools have good visibility in all color schemes, including dark mode.
- Reorganizes the Checkbook menu tab to conserve space and make it more logical.
- Modernizes the program’s appearance and aesthetics.
- Improves the next check number generator so the program sequences check numbers correctly even if they are out of order.
- Adds the ability to have the New Transaction button default to something other than a Check transaction.
- Improves the Recurring Scheduled Transaction feature to show the due date on the Transaction Entry form and limiting the available scheduled transactions to those within four weeks of their due date.
- Improves the OFX/QFX import process to include credit card accounts.
- Adds the ability to import Quickbooks (QBO) files.
- Makes the Report Summary title match the Report title.
- Improves the functionality of the Transfer transactions.
- Improves the Ledger View function for selecting the ledger to view.
- Optimizes the worksheets and underlying VBA code to reduce the file size and improve performance.
- Improves the report progress indicator.
- Improves the Import Previous Version function to import the global ledger and program options.
- Enhances the context sensitive help system and on-line help.
Developer: Home Page