PassMark BurnInTest will bring intermittent or hidden problems to the surface so that after a successfully run the computer can be used with a much higher level of confidence. BurnInTest can also be used by overclockers to verify system stability at high clock speeds.
PassMark BurnInTest is a software tool that allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for endurance, reliability and stability. The Professional version also has a number of additional features such as tape drive testing, USB port testing, USB 2.0 port testing, and parallel port testing with the use of loop back plugs.
• Assists in PC Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
• The best value professional burn-in tool on the market!
• The hottest, fastest CPU Burn In tool around! (See our CPU Heat Generation benchmark testing)
• Avoid delivering D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) hardware to your customers.
• Dramatically reduce your burn in times with multithreaded simultaneous testing of components.
• Build your image as a supplier of quality systems.
• Avoid costly downtime, system rebuilds and lost data.
• Test the stability of a system after configuration changes or hardware upgrades (critical for overclocking).
What BurnInTest does is thoroughly exercise the hardware in a PC in a short period of time, in the same way as normal applications use a PC over a long period of time. This takes advantage of the fact that computer hardware tends to fail either very early in its life or after many thousands of hours of use. Typically BurnInTest should be used before a PC is put into service, as the failure of a computer that isn’t being used for a critical application and doesn’t have any critical data is much less damaging, (especially if it is still under warranty).
* Corrected a rare crash bug when graphing temperature data.
* If the battery test reports a capacity and designed capacity of 0, an error is now raised.
* The following scripting command can now include environment variables in the parameters for expansion to strings: SETSERIAL, SETTECHNICIAN, SETCUSTOMER, SETMACHINETYPE, SETNOTES. SETNOTES can include “n” as a new line break.
* SPD system information added for the Intel Sunrise Point chipset. Improvements for DDR3 and ECC DDR2 SPD information.
* New debugging logging added for when a crash occurs while running on WinPE.
* Updates to help.
OS: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit / 2008 R2 / Server 2012