Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker – Check whether your computer is vulnerable against the Meltdown and Spectre security flaws Intel reported and get advice on the actions to take. You can also download CPUBalance
Features of Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker
Check if your PC is vulnerable to Spectre and Meltdown
• While the entire community is waiting for the upcoming releases of updated versions of software that can block Spectre and Meltdown, other companies have created tools to help you determine whether your PC is vulnerable or not and get advice on the actions to take. One of them is suggestively named Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker.
Shows you vulnerabilities in your PC and offers recommendations
• Making use of a more complex Microsoft checking method, this lightweight application enables you to see the vulnerability status of your machine at the push of a button, with no complicated settings to deal with.
• The analysis is quick and the diagnostic is revealed in no time for each of the two attack vectors. If the PC is equipped with an Intel processor, there’s a high chance that it is vulnerable to Spectre, if not to Meltdown as well.
• What’s more, the application offers a link to a page containing additional information about these vulnerabilities and ways to prevent potential infections.
Get the security status of your PC and read about the preventive measures to take
• The security weaknesses discovered in January 2018 reveal elementary issues in the design of modern processors, which are not flawless. Keep in mind that the Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker is merely a diagnostics tool; it cannot apply any security enforcement measures, but it does offer suggestions on how to prevent malware from reaching your computer
Developer: Ashampoo GmbH and Co KG
OS: Windows 7/ 8/ 10