Amiga Forever is available as a free download from our software library. The actual developer of the program is Cloanto. More than three decades of uninterrupted ease of use, power, beauty and excellence: Amiga Forever 8 closes the circle between gaming, productivity and preservation of digital culture while adding new features and providing access to a universe of free and legal downloads.
The Amiga computer, launched by Commodore in 1985, combined superior multimedia technology with ease of use, inspiring millions of the most creative and enthusiastic computer users ever.
Amiga Forever is the official Amiga emulator, preservation and support suite brought to you by Cloanto, developers of Commodore/Amiga software since the 1980s.
Features of Amiga Forever Free Download
- All editions of Amiga Forever include everything you need to run different emulation engines, operating system versions, games and demoscene productions in simple one-click steps. The advanced RP9 Title Editor provides professional authoring features to create and edit configurations for playback on the local system or elsewhere.
- The Value Edition is a compact download for Windows, and includes Workbench 1.3 and “Kickstart” ROM versions 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3, which will run the majority (more than 70%) of classic Amiga games and applications. More than 25 games are included.
- The Plus Edition includes a complete set of ROM and operating system versions (all from 0.7 to 3.X), a wider selection of preinstalled games and demoscene productions, a gallery of items of historical interest, and additional cross-platform content. More than 50 games are included.
- Both the Value Edition and the Plus Edition open the doors to thousands of additional Amiga games and demoscene productions which are available for free download from software publishers and Amiga history sites alike. Furthermore, the Premium Edition bundles the Plus Edition content with additional video content on 3 DVDs.
Amiga Forever Plus Edition Features
- Workbench 3.X environment (for productivity, internet access, etc.)
- A multitude of carefully preinstalled quality Amiga applications, which include the AWeb browser (great for cross-browser testing), TCP/IP support tools, Personal Paint 7.1c (paint, animation and image processing software), special version of CacheCDFS CD file system, AmigaAMP media player, DirDiff (file synchronization and replication software), AmiToRTF (to convert texts from Amiga to Windows formats), MailBX (to convert Amiga mail archives to Microsoft Mail, Outlook Express and Exchange Server), drag-and-drop LhA, print spooler, Directory Opus 5.5 (courtesy of GPSoftware), TurboText (exclusive latest version with bug fixes), MUI (shareware version), KingCON, FreeWheel, PowerSnap, ToolManager, ReqTools, etc.
- Compatible with “Amiga OS 3.5″+ icons, NewIcons and MagicWB icons
- Compatible with popular Amiga OS add-ons like AmiKit and AmigaSYS
- RTG layer maps Amiga graphics requests directly to fast guest system calls and powerful low-level DirectX functions (Windows version of emulation)
- A collection of all Amiga ROM versions ever released (from 0.7 to 3.X), including A1000, A590/A2091 and A4091 boot ROMs, and extended CDTV and CD³² ROMs, accompanied by a similar selection of bootable Workbench disk images
- More than 50 games and more than 100 demoscene productions preinstalled for hours and hours of entertainment
- Seamless, one-click integration of AmigaSYS (Amiga OS add-on) and AROS 68K (alternative operating system)
- Multimedia gallery of items of historical interest
- Preinstalled WHDLoad “kickemu” support
- KX Light environment, to optionally boot from DVD or install to hard disk (no Windows or other host OS required)
- Amiga Explorer software
Developer: Home Page
OS: Windows 7/8/10.