The interface is modern and intuitive, and keeps all main features separated into tabs. The first step toward system security is updating the database with the latest spyware definitions.
An infection scan can be carried out quickly, deep, or in custom mode. For the last option you can select the computer areas you want Advanced System Protector to look into, between Internet cookies, file system or folders, system memory, Windows settings, and the registry.
It is possible to exclude files or folders, schedule a one-time or recurring task and set the utility to automatically perform scanning on Windows startup, as well as include archive content scans and use “File Type Helper” to handle unknown file extensions.
Scan results show total rogue agents found in each area, status and threat level. You can choose particular items for elimination or ask Advanced System Protector to get rid of everything. Statistics can be exported to XML format for further evaluation.
In addition, the program offers protection for the Hosts file and Internet Explorer homepage, startup entry management options, along with a browser cleaner (e.g. Firefox, Chrome).
The tool quickly finishes a scan job and uses low CPU and RAM. However, Advanced System Protector has a high rate for detecting false positives, and the unregistered edition does not allow users to fix any errors, making the product misleading.
• Advanced System Protector has been designed to Quick Scan your System and Deep Scan your System. Both these scans are a good way to check your PC for infections. A Quick Scan has been designed so that you can check your PC every morning, without spending much time on the scan. This will check for infections by the file path and warn you in case of any infections found. A Deep Scan should be performed on the first installation of Advanced System Protector, and then on a weekly basis. This is a thorough scan for your computer, where the files and folders are searched for infection on the basis of file path and MD5, a file recognition technology. In case an infection is found, you have the option to remove, ignore, quarantine or delete it, as per your choice.
• Real Time Guards have been designed to continuously monitor your computer for any suspicious activity. These guards monitor the most vulnerable areas of your computer, which may be the gates for most infections. These guards are more active when you are browsing the Internet, opening files or executing applications and programs.
Real Time Guards:
• BHO Guard
• This guard monitors the plug-ins installed in Internet Explorer and warns you when a new plug-in wants to install itself.
• AppInit DLL Guard
• The DLL files, which control the Application Initiation, are monitored by this guard. This ensures that no application gets listed in your Auto-Start list without your permission.
• Winlogon Shell Guard
• This guard is similar to the previous. It monitors the Windows Shell Registry setting and prevents any application from being loaded at the Windows Startup.
• Hosts File Guard
• This guard monitors the Hosts file and restricts changes to it. This means that you can get rid of most automatic and unwanted browser redirects.
• IE Trusted Sites Guard
• Internet Explorer keeps a list of trusted sites, where the browser permits less secure browsing. This guard keeps a check on this list and restricts any website from getting listed here without your permission.
• IE Home Page Guard
• This guard ensures that when you start your computer, you get to see the home-page that you have set in your computer, and not any unwanted home-page designed to lure you into a trap.
• Running Process Guard
• This guard prompts you to allow or restrict the execution of any new processes in your task list, ensuring that no malware starts automatically on your computer.
• Startup Guard
• This guard is designed to stop any unwanted and malicious software from entering the startup folder, preventing any malware to execute at the start of your system.
• Startup Registry Files Guard
• This guard monitors the Registry files for any changes and prompts you to authorize or restrict any suspicious change.
• Advanced System Protector can quarantine any spyware ormalware detected on your computer to safeguard your system. This means that the files are placed in a safe vault, with their format changed. These files can not cause any harm to your computer anymore because they are not in their original format. The quarantine is designed to ensure that the spyware which are embedded in other applications, are prevented from execution or causing harm, without stopping the application to function.
OS: Windows All