Position, resize and set priority
• The interface is cleverly easy to use, with features quickly accessible and helpful info for nearly anything you hover the mouse cursor over. A side panel includes a list of application windows you can select or even add your own.
• Doing so requires you to input caption, class and program path, but these can be automatically filled by dragging a selection tool over the target window. Startup and closing options are available, which include and are not limited to hiding mouse pointer, removing taskbar entry or even preventing the window from accidentally being closed with a confirmation message.
• Moreover, position and size can also be adjusted, with integrated options for compatibility when moving a window to a different monitor. For a better management of your CPU, 6 priority options can be set when the application runs, when inactive or minimized.
Integrated hotkey support
• Settings mentioned above can be applied either to individual windows or as a general rule. These can easily be activated or turned off or using predefined hotkeys.
• Accessing the options menu gives you the possibility to view and configure combination of keys for applying a configuration, reapplying it, or bring up the main window to make adjustments. Unfortunately, there is no option that enables you to have multiple configuration profiles for different situations.
To end with
• All in all, Actual Window Guard is a neat application to have around to make window arrangement a little more comfortable. Moreover, the integrated hotkey support lets you easily activate configurations while keeping the utility’s interface hidden in the system tray.
• Minimize and maximize windows on startup
• Accurately align windows with any of the 9 positions within desktop
• Close irrelevant pop-ups
• Keep windows always-on-top
• Prevent important windows from accidental closing
• Adjust execution priority of particular applications
* Sometimes running programs might crash after unloading Actual Window Guard.
* The bug prevented NuSphere PhpEd 15 debugger from starting is fixed.
* Magix products (Movie Edit, Music Maker) stopped responding during loading.
OS: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008