Actual Virtual Desktops 8.4 – Regardless of the purpose you’re using a computer for, it always seems to get overwhelmed with desktop icons and other elements that make it difficult even to start a task. Luckily, the market is flooded with specialized applications like Actual Virtual Desktops that give you the possibility to not only extend your desktop’s functionality, but also help you focus better on important tasks.
Easily configure more desktops
• Right from the start, the application throws a quick guide at you to view a few general settings you can manage to get an idea of the purpose. You can go through with it, even though it’s mostly text and pictures, with no interactive options to at least create a sample virtual desktop.
• Sooner or later you end up in the configurations screen, because it’s the only way you’ll be able to have access to more desktops. It’s the only window you get to work with and it’s pretty well-organized, with several tabs piled up in a side panel to configure virtual desktops, window settings and hotkeys, each spreading a whole bunch of options in the main area.
Enhanced navigation with hotkeys
• All new entries you create can be given a different name, so you can easily use a screen for entertainment and the other for personal projects. Accessing one is done through custom hotkeys, the system tray icon, or a compact window that also displays all programs active in each desktop.
• For an enhanced overall experience, you can configure window and other program behaviors. Several commonly used applications are enlisted, with the possibility to have them launched or setting rules to prevent you from running them.
• Hotkeys play an important role and are not only used to switch to new environments. General settings let you configure easy navigation, through elements, start or stop services, as well as bringing up the configuration window. In case a hotkey is used, the application lets you know so you can change it.
A few last words
• Taking everything into consideration, we can say that Actual Virtual Desktops is a handy application when day-to-day activities you perform on a computer have you work with a lot of different windows. It spends most of its time in the system tray to let you benefit from all space, further extending it with customizable desktops, easy hotkey navigation and more.
OS: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit / 2008 R2