Many users fancy simple-to-use desktop widgets rather than full applications to provide them with the system information they need. With a look inspired by the modern interface of Windows 10, Win10 Widgets is a Rainmeter plugin that displays information at a glance regarding resource usage and other system details.
Features of Win10 Widgets
Deployed with Rainmeter for your convenience
• Win10 Widgets is conveniently deployed along with Rainmeter but, if you already have the latter installed on your computer, you can simply download the RMSKIN file and then set up the widget collection.
• The majority of widgets in the package are displayed by default, although there are some you must activate manually of you want them to be visible. A ‘Welcome’ widget offers one-click access to tutorial videos and other similar resources. And if you worked with Rainmeter before, you know that all the widgets are floating and easy to move around.
Weather forecast, resource usage and a Spotify player, all within reach
• Win10 Widgets comprises a widget that shows you the weather prediction, including wind speed, visibility, humidity, and the time of the sunset and the sunrise. You can easily change the location and the unit type, or make the widget smaller if you think it takes too much of your desktop.
• Alongside the weather, you can toggle the date and time, the battery usage, the Wi-Fi connections, and the volume control. Additionally, there are widgets to help you keep an eye on the CPU, the memory, the storage space, and the network traffic. However, all of these can be replaced by a combo widget, which monitors them all.
• Last but not least, the collection includes a fully-functional player that integrates with Spotify, allowing one-click-away playback control.
Windows 10-inspired system information widgets
• Whether you are already using Rainmeter or not, you should know that a skin such as Win10 Widgets delivers basic information about the system inside modern-looking floating widgets that are easier to handle than regular applications.
• Although the array of widgets inside the collection can be improved and further enriched (for instance, a desktop search widget would come in handy to anyone), Win10 Widgets is worth a try, especially since its appearance completely blends with the Windows 10 desktop.
Developer: TJ Markham