WebSite-Watcher is a comprehensive application that enables users to organize a list of favorite websites and track all changes. It can also be installed on USB flask drives for portability.
Although not particularly intuitive, the interface is user-friendly and lets you organize multiple bookmarks into lists. When adding a new website, whether it requires login credentials or not, you can specify the type between webpage, forum, and RSS/Atom-feed. Alternatively, you can use predefined plugins to check a page.
As far as bookmark properties go, you can edit the name and URL, insert an alternative URL for checking, import properties from another bookmark, as well as use a filter assistant or test filters yourself by comparing the current and previous version (with HTML tag highlights).
Features of WebSite-Watcher 2016
• Monitor web pages
• Monitor password protected pages
• Monitor forums for new postings and replies
• Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
• Highlight changes in a page
• Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
• Many more features to stay up-to-date!
• Don’t waste hours checking websites for updates when WebSite-Watcher can do it automatically for you
• Know what your competitors are doing, WebSite-Watcher scans their websites for you
• Know when a new software version or driver update is released, WebSite-Watcher detects the updates for you
• Stay informed with new postings or answers in discussion forums, WebSite-Watcher will notify you as soon as possible
Developer: Home Page
[x] Internet Explorer Macros and IE/Browser: Filtering of scripts and comments significantely improved
[x] Internet Explorer Macros and IE/Browser: Improved support for Windows 10
[+] Internet Explorer Macros: Internal timeout handling improved. This can bring a small performance improvement for certain Internet Explorer Macros.
[x] RSS feeds: Improved detection and handling if a feed only contains removed articles
[+] Internal browser / Statusbar: Possibility to set the default zoom level
[x] Internal browser: Max zoom level is now 500 (instead of 200)
[x] RSS/Atom feeds: Improved sorting behavior when multiple posts have no or a similiar pub date
[x] Internet Explorer Macros: improved form filling and more types of non-standard buttons supported
[-] Changes side bar didn’t work correctly when the browser zoom level wasn’t 100%
[-] Program configuration: Custom folder line height didn’t work correctly under certain circumstances
[-] Checking local HTML files with the checking method “Internet Explorer/Browser” didn’t correctly handle link addresses
[-] Follow-Links: Ignore parts of an URL to avoid duplicates didn’t work under certain circumstances
Smaller improvements and fixes