As its name states, the application is able to reset, change and recover Windows logon passwords lost due to system crashes, virus attacks or unauthorized permissions. You are able to recover or bypass all types of account passwords including Active Directory accounts and domain administrators.
The main window of the utility is carried out in the form of a step-by-step wizard that will guide you through the steps of resetting or recovering your lost passwords.
Select the recovery mode you want such as SAM (that works with regular user accounts) or AD (that is mostly used when you want to recover Active Directory accounts).
As you make the selection, the tasks list shows all the available operations for the current job. This way, you are able to dump password hashes to text files, remove user sensitive information or restore previously modified password or data.
After the first step is completed, you are allowed to choose the user account you want to reset the password for.
Then, you are able to easily enter the new password for the account you selected or set blank password to reset it. However, you need to pay special attention to additional options because Windows will decline the password if the account is locked or disabled.
The utility works with Active Directory as well, so administrators who need to manage, control and track multiple user accounts are able to recover lost passwords within seconds. It also allows you to disable the password expiry option and dump user password hashes from SAM for further analysis.
All in all, Reset Windows Password enables you to unlock user accounts and recover passwords effortlessly, without the need of advanced configurations.
• Simple, intuitive graphic interface. No more ugly DOS prompts
• Resets and modifies passwords of local users and administrators, domain administrator, Active Directory users, DSRM account
• Enables and unlocks user accounts
• Disables the password expiry option
• Advanced password lookup algorithms (also known as AI attack)
• Dumps user password hashes from SAM for further analysis
• Dumps password hashes from Active Directory
• Dumps domain cached credentials
• Supports all versions of NT-based Windows, including the newest Windows 7
• Ready to boot. The Standard & Advanced editions come on a bootable CD. All editions include the utility for creating a bootable CD/DVD/USB disk from the downloadable ISO file with the application
• Supports 64-bit Windows
• Large collection of IDE, SATA, SCSI, RAID drivers
• Detects several operating systems installed on the computer
• Supports non-English versions of Windows and passwords in national encodings
• Allows undoing changes made to the system
• Deletes passwords and other sensitive data from the computer
• Detailed help
* Support for UEFI-based PCs.
* Support for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
* New feature for changing account flags and properties.
* A lot of new IDE/SATA/SCSI drivers (38 Mb agains 13 Mb in previous version) were added to the program’s package.
* The program migrated to 64-bit environment in order to keep better compatibility with both BIOS- and UEFI-based computers.
* A lot of enhancements in LM plaintext password recovery engine. More sophisticated password guessing of LM hashes.
* Some changes in (plain-text) password search engine.
* Update for French interface
* Fixed a problem parsing some Active Directory accounts.
OS: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 2003 / 2008 / Server 2012 / 10 / NT
Burn the ISO to create a bootable CD or USB stick.