* Once you are done with the quick and uneventful installation process, you come face to face with a clean and simple UI. It is comprised of a menu bar, several shortcut buttons, and a few panels to help you view source text, translation and notes.
* It becomes clear that anybody can work with it with great ease, including people with little or no previous experience in the IT world.
Supported formats and options available
* This software tool enables you to import PO and POT formats, while export is possible as a PO or HTML file. Aside from that, you should know you can input your name, project and e-mail address, change the UI language and character set, and use default rules for plural forms or a custom expression.
* The main window enables you to view the source text and translation side-by-side, a feature which is going to greatly enhance ease of use. Moreover, there are also some boxes, which can be used in order to input or edit text, as well as notes for other translators. You can clear an entire translation, copy from source, flag translation as fuzzy, show references and use a search function.
* It is also possible to update from a POT file, or fill missing translation from TM (translation memory), set bookmarks and manage them, display quotes, entry IDs, notes for translators and sort items by file order, source and translation.
* Poedit is an efficient piece of software when it comes to editing gettext catalogs. It encompasses comprehensive Help contents, a user-friendly interface, good response time and it does not burden the computer’s performance, as CPU and memory usage is minimal.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8