Pale Moon 26
Pale Moon is a custom-built and speed optimized Firefox browser. The Pale Moon project is the work of a single individual, using contributed Open Source code to create a full-featured, speed optimized browser based on the popular Firefox browser.
Having seen the advantages on other systems (e.g. Linux) with regards to programs being compiled specifically for the capabilities of the machine it is installed on, it became obviously clear that Windows users were at a disadvantage: Mozilla only releases windows executables with maximum compatibility in mind, meaning that Firefox is made to run on as many different systems as possible, sacrificing efficiency and speed in the process to be compatible with, by current standards, absolutely ancient hardware.
Features of Pale Moon
• Highly optimized for modern processors
• 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
• Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
• Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
• Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
• Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
• Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4)
• Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
• Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
• Able to use existing Firefox profiles, bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
* not available
Developer: Home Page