Quick setup and wizard UI
• The installation operation is fast and shouldn’t impose any difficulties, thanks to fact that it sports familiar options. Once finished, you are welcomed by a wizard-like interface with six steps required for recovering lost files.
Define the scan scope
• You can begin by selecting the drive letter of your card reader, digital device or hard drive to define the scan scope.
• ObjectRescue Pro shows a lot of technical information, such as OS object, serial number, boot indicator, partition number, total volume and partition space, together with partition offset.
Examine and extract found files
• In the following stage, you have to wait for the scanner to finish, during which you can study log details. Afterward, you can check out all items identified by the app. It attempts to preserve their original folder structure.
• You can check out the name and size, along with the date of creation and modification for each item, preview the thumbnails of pictures, as well as pick one or more files to any part of the HDD (with or without maintaining the hierarchical structure).
• It’s also possible to customize the file types that you want ObjectRescue to look for while excluding the rest if you want to speed up the scan and narrow down results.
Evaluation and conclusion
• We haven’t come across any issues in our testing, thanks to the fact that the app didn’t freeze, crash or display error dialogs. It carried out file search and recovery jobs rapidly while remaining light on system resources.
• On the other hand, ObjectRescue hasn’t been updated for a while, and the full package’s price seems to much. Nevertheless, you can test the tool for yourself to make that decision.
OS: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / NT