muso is a powerful application that was especially designed to help you catalog and manage your music collection.
With it, you can create a complex audio library that is actually easy and intuitive to browse. You can choose to add a folder or and entire directory from your computer and have it sorted by artist, performer, genre, month added, composer, band, year, label and conductor.
Creating the music database is a task you can accomplish in either a few clicks or a lot of them, depending on how many folders with music you have to add. It all depends on where the music is on your computer because once a folder is selected to be part of the database, the songs are automatically added and sorted.
muso provides a comprehensive view over the database. It displays the artist name, album, composer, year, duration and of course, rating. The latter is set by you and is one of the many things you can do to customize the library. You are also able to edit track information in detail and even write dynamic tags.
muso focuses on creating a music library that is based on albums instead of individual tracks. You can easily observe this when browsing the actual catalog. For all the added music folders you can view their thumbnails along with the band name and album title.
Clicking one brings up not just the content of the folder, but much more details. You can set tags for it by mood and scenario. Moreover, the application automatically looks up information about the album, artist and other available tags using the Internet. This is a great feature to have in case you want to find out more about the album or simply want something to read while listening to music.
With the above to consider and much more to discover about muso, it’s safe to say that when it comes to music cataloging applications, it’s ten steps ahead of many other similar products.
• An advanced Tagging feature, which enables you to tag albums (and tracks too if required) by Mood, Scenario, etc
• Separating the wheat from the chaff – while the majority of your music collection may consist of full albums and EPs which you do want to see while browsing albums, the remainder is made up of odd tracks from other albums.
• Collate albums (and group albums by Artist) properly – too often other music managers seem overly sensitive to file location, case sensitivity and minor variations in artist/album name, which often fragments albums or artists into several duplicates or near-duplicates.
• Flexible Sorting/Grouping/Filtering
• Feeding the latest on-line metadata about an artist, album or track directly into the music browser, album reviews and similar albums, and artist/album information.
• Providing end-user configuration of the presentation – your favorite fonts can be easily specified, and the user can choose between pre-defined themes.
• Full support for half-star ratings.
• Comprehensive support for Classical Music – with track tags for Composer, Conductor, Ensemble (Orchestra), and Performer(s).
* Fix Wizard on By Similar Artists header (album view).
* On mobile order artist’s albums by date within category (those without a date will be at the end)
* Support any number of LMS equivalence paths (previously restricted to 4)
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit
* .NET FRAMEWORK 4.0
* MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE PACKAGE (SP1)