However, this format is not natively supported by the older Windows editions, so if you want to avoid installing a third-party app whenever you want to access a PDF file, you can turn to specialized converters, such as Icecream PDF Converter.
Straightforward tool for converting PDFs to other formats
• The application features a simple, yet intuitive GUI (Graphical User Interface) that encourages even novices to select the PDF files they want to process.
• Alternatively, you can drag and drop one or several source documents onto the main window of the app, no matter if they are password-protected or not (you will be required to enter the correct passkey to ensure smooth conversion later on).
• Depending on your necessities, you can convert PDF files to JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, EPS, HTML or WMF, while also specifying the page range you are interested in.
Convert several formats to PDF with ease
• Another handy function of this software solution is to convert various formats to PDF with a single mouse click. Among the supported formats, there are JPG, PNG, BMP, EPUB, MOBI, FB2, HTML, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, ODT and ODS.
• Regardless of the source formats you go for, you get to choose the destination folder and to assign the title, publisher and password for the newly-generated PDF.
Effortlessly split or merge PDFs
• If you want to process a large PDF file, you can also split it when converting it to your target format of choice, so that each of the document’s pages is a new standalone file.
• Additionally, you can combine the generated PDF files into a single large one, featuring the title and publisher you choose. The layout settings can be adjusted to your liking as well.
• All in all, Icecream PDF Converter can be used by all those who are looking for a user-friendly application that can convert their documents to and from PDF without too much effort.
* Swedish language added
OS: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003