Aside from the standard keys, the keyboard also provides buttons for changing the input language, Cut, Copy, Paste and Undo functions, viewing and changing hotkeys, and accessing options.
At initialization, the tool creates an icon in the system tray area, where you can show or hide the virtual keyboard, as well as access its wide range of options.
The on-screen keyboard stays on top of other windows by default, and you can make it run at system startup automatically, set its priority high, as well as change the theme and drawing styles.
Other appearance customization options focus on the transparency level, background picture, font and characters font. Moreover, you can lock the aspect ratio and window size, set a delay for disappearing, configure typing aid settings (e.g. enable autoclick and key repeat), as well as use gestures.
Additional features of Hot Virtual Keyboard let you enable word autocomplete mode, download dictionaries from an online database, lock the language bar, hide hints and Windows icons, enable sounds, add dependencies, and others. Settings can be restored to their factory values at any time.
Hot Virtual Keyboard runs on a low quantity of CPU and system memory, so it’s not a burden to the computer’s performance. It has a very good response time and works smoothly, without causing the OS to hang, crash or show error dialogs. Thanks to its intuitive and numerous options, both simple and advanced, Hot Virtual Keyboard should meet the requirements of all users.
Hot Virtual Keyboard enables you to use gestures to quickly insert spaces or change the case of the letters.
• A single tap launches an application, opens a Web site or executes a keystroke macro. Pre-program keys to perform routine text editing tasks such as copying and pasting, or to control the behavior of opened windows and various aspects of your system.
• Hot Virtual Keyboard lets you type faster and more accurate by suggesting words based on just one or two taps. The technology works much like the one available in modern mobile phones and communicators, enabling faster and more accurate typing by suggesting the correct words after entering just a few symbols.
• There are more than 40 different virtual on-screen keyboards supplied with Hot Virtual Keyboard. Haven’t found the perfect one? Modify any virtual keyboard or create your own by specifying the background, shape, color and font of the keys, sounds of different key groups, and many more parameters to create a virtual on-screen keyboard to your liking.
• Hot Virtual Keyboard supports all languages and keyboard layouts installed in Windows, and is ready to help users of touch-screen devices all over the world.
Control Windows Behavior:
• Assign keys 58 different actions such as Connect/Disconnect from a Network, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Eject/Close CD, Monitor On/Off, Start Screen Saver, and many more.
• Keys to launch applications, open Web pages or run macros with a single tap
• Fully customizable look and behavior
• Support of multiple languages and keyboard layouts
OS: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit / 2008 R2