Digital technologies evolution means great new opportunities for all of us. On
the other hand it means new potential threats, such as data theft and unauthorized information access or modification.
Computers are a reliable alternative to tons of paper locked in a strongbox, providing they are protected properly.
These days, most of us store various bits of personal or business-critical information on our hard drives. This fact alone poses great threat to overall information security level since if the computer is accessed by an unauthorized person there is almost no way to protect our private information. Files contents can be read or modified to hijacker’s desire easily.
The above is true both for home and office PCs, but this is twice as important for notebooks and laptops. Imagine what would happen if you lose your laptop, containing your or your clients financial or private information.
Hide Folders XP will allow you to specify up to 64 folders on your hard drive you wish to hide from prying eyes. With a few mouse clicks all required folders are hidden and cannot be accessed, modified or removed by unauthorized users.
Only the person who knows the original password will be able to reveal the hidden folders!
Hide Folders XP supports all types of file systems including NTFS, FAT32 and FAT. Hide Folders XP allows hiding any folder except for system folders making it impossible to disable system operation unintentionally.
· Effective protection methods allow you to hide folders out from users and applications in Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP
· Nobody but you will access your hidden folders.
· 3 protection methods available: Hide, Lock, Hide & Lock
· NTFS, FAT32 and FAT volumes are supported.
· Unlimited number of folders may be protected at the same time.
· No file system structure modifications will occur.
· Effective password protection when running program.
· Effective password protection when uninstalling program.
· Removing Hide Folders XP folder from the system will not uncover hidden folders.
· Files from hidden folders will not be lost even if someone tries to remove an upper-level folder.
· Clear recent documents option. Hide Folders XP clears records of recently accessed documents if these documents reside in the hidden folders.
· Clear Recycle Bin items originally located in hidden folders.
· Secure Hide Folders XP by removing itself from the list of mostly used programs (Windows XP start menu).
· Secure Hide Folders XP by removing itself from Add/Remove software Control Panel applet.
· Hide Folders XP will not hide your Windows, Windows System folders and Windows partition root folders – so careless using of Hide Folders XP would not bring the system down.
· True stealth mode – you cannot detect the program with Windows Task Manager.
· Safe mode support – The folders can be hidden even if your computer is running in safe mode.
· Hot keys to manage basic Hide Folders XP functions.
· Command line support.
· Support of folders named with national language symbols .
· Hide Folders XP is multilingual software, its user interface supports different languages and can be easily translated to new languages.
· Intuitive and extrimely easy-to-use user interface.
HomePage : http://www.fspro.net/hide-folders/
File Size : 1.11 MB