Foxit Reader 8 is a small, fast, and feature rich PDF viewer which allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Unlike other free PDF readers, Foxit-Reader also includes easy to use collaboration features like the ability to add annotations, fill out forms, and add text to PDF documents. Foxit Reader has a small footprint that starts up instantly, renders PDF files quickly and uses very little memory, which is especially important with today’s handheld devices. The Foxit-Reader is packed full of convenient and easy to use viewing, editing and printing features that make document collaboration simple. Foxit Reader’s secure platform insures worry free operation against malicious virus and provides a secure and reliable digital signature verification platform for exchanging electronics documents without putting the user at risk from falsified documents.
Features of Foxit Reader 8
Easy-to-use review and commenting tools
* Add comments or suggestions using notes.
* Highlight, underline, or use one of many other tools to bring attention to specific text.
* Easily correct mistakes by cancelling the last action with Redo & Undo feature.
New editing tools include Typewriter, Callout, Textbox, and Measure tools
* Add your comments on your PDF document.
* Use Typewriter Tool to fill forms.
* Create comments in a callout text box.
* Measure distances and areas of objects in PDF documents.
XFA Form Filling
* XFA (XML Form Architecture) form filler is used to fill forms with XFA elements, allowing you to leverage existing XFA forms.
Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory Rights Management Service support
* Open an RMS-protected PDF Document.
* Improve information security, meet compliance requirements.
* Save time and money with improved business processes.
Free spell checker for comments
* Find any spelling errors and highlight them with squiggly lines.
Developer: Foxit Corporation
Integrates with Box
Integration with Box enables users to open PDFs files stored in Box directly from the Open menu, and save files to Box from the Save As menu.
Foxit Archive integration
Integrates with Foxit Archive, which is a secure, cloud-based, document management solution. Users can check in and out PDFs in Foxit Archive for easier document collaboration through Foxit Reader.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 8.1
Improved the workflow of all annotation tools, and allow users to change statuses of the annotations made by others in a shared review.
Allow ConnectedPDF document owners to allow or disallow other users to start Connected Reviews or create new versions.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.1
Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.