EssentialPIM Pro – Designed to help you easily juggle daily tasks in a digital and secured environment, EssentialPIM Pro is a personal information manager for adding appointments, notes, to-do lists, contacts and passwords, as well as for browsing Microsoft Outlook emails and setting reminders.
It comes loaded with a wide range of practical features and customization settings that should please all types of users, such as extensive file type support when it comes to importing, exporting and synchronizing data.
• By judging the interface with a neatly organized structure and the samples loaded at startup to help you get started, it’s clear that EssentialPIM Pro is really professional, as its name says. You can navigate and create new appointments and to-do lists by specifying as many information as you can, such as subject, location, status, start and end time, duration, priority, completion level, and category.
Create tasks and fill in information
• In addition, you can attach notes and external files, enable a reminder (at the event time or before the task), set EssentialPIM Pro to repeat the task, as well as mark it as an all-day event or exclusive event.
• Similarly, you can create to-do lists, notes, and contacts to create an address book with other people’s personal and business information, schedule an upcoming event and take notes, as well as explore emails and send new messages, provided that you have linked the tool to a Microsoft Office account. A calendar with all events is put at your disposal, and you can easily tell them apart by color, depending on their category (e.g. important, business, birthday). You can also conduct search operations across the entire database, manage attachments, password-protect the database to restrict the access of other users, as well as import, export and synchronize data to a wide range of supported formats.
Evaluation and conclusion
• The application requires low-to-moderate RAM and low CPU to work properly, includes a comprehensive help file with snapshots for beginners, supports several languages and automatically checks for updates upon initialization. We haven’t come across any issues during our tests, since the program did not hang, crash or prompt error dialogs. Thanks to its intuitive layout yet rich features, EssentialPIM Pro should please all users looking for a reliable personal organized backed by practical tools and customization preferences.
Features of EssentialPIM 7
• Multi-users access to database
• Storing and/or linking attachments
• Assigned people for To Do
• Advanced Backup
• Editable categories of tasks or events
• Hierarchical To Do lists
• Contact Groups
• Color Printing
• Sending any item to email
• Synchronization with Windows Mobile or Palm devices
• Outlook synchronization
• Google synchronization
• Custom views
• Mass mail
Developer: EPim Ltd
* A new contacts view with all fields on one page
* Back/Forward/History navigation for notes
* Ability to minimize main navigation pane
* Custom field types for tasks
* An additional view for attachments
* UI improvements and bugfixes