is a perfect tool for DynDNS customers whose computers have a dynamic IP address. Since the IP changes periodically, users might encounter problems initiating remote sessions or connecting to FTP servers. Here is where DynDNS Updater comes in to offer them a helping hand.
What this application actually does is check a computer’s IP address and if differences are detected, it immediately sends the new IP to the hostname on the DynDNS server. Thereby, the IP address database in the DynDNS account will be constantly updated.
At first launch, the application prompts users to enter their dyndns account credentials. It then detects the current network IP address and grabs data regarding hosts from the account.
DynDNS Updater is set to run silently in the system tray, without interfering with the user’s work. However, it is advisable to take the time needed to configure its behavior before letting it do its job in the background.
Features of DynDNS Updater
• Updates your DynDNS hostnames to resolve to your remote IP address
• Full-featured, easy to use interface
• Windows Service integration
• Works on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows Server, Windows 7 and Windows 8
• Logs activity to file, displays visual indicators of the Updater status
• Automatically determines which network interface to use
• IP detection every 10 minutes
• Ability to bypass proxy servers for IP detection
• Support for DynECT Managed DNS DDNS service
* not available
Title Release: DynDNS Updater v5.3.0
Developer: Dynamic Network Services