is a combination Crypto-Ransomware Vaccine which allows users to immunize their computers and block any file encryption attempts from Cryptowall and Cryptolocker also known as Ransomware.
CryptoWall is included in the ransomware category, considered one of the most dangerous threats for computer users. It is a modified version of CryptoLocker, which is used to extort money from users of infected PCs.
Created by the popular Bitdefender security company, Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware promises to protect your system against the aforementioned ransomware by monitoring the PC in real time and automatically blocking CryptoWall’s actions.
Features of Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware
• What CryptoWall actually does is encrypt files on the host workstation, in the attempt to gain financial benefit by promising users that the documents will be decrypted in exchange for a specific amount of money.
• The transfer is usually processed via a service that is difficult to track, making it almost impossible for you to recover your money, not to mention that you don’t get a guarantee that the files will be decrypted.
• Furthermore, CryptoWall uses a sophisticated public-private key encryption mechanism, which means that it is not easy to recover the files yourself. As such, the only solution is to try to prevent CryptoWall from reaching the system in the first place.
A simple immunization solution
• Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware can keep an eye on your computer and block known encryption methods used by CryptoWall.
• Aside from real-time anti-ransomware protection, this application integrates an immunization technique that prevents executables from the ‘AppData’ and ‘Startup’ folders to launch.
Protect your PC against CryptoWall
• Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware aims to help you keep your data safe by protecting you and your computer against the CryptoWall ransomware. No complicated configuration is required to have it up and running. It can be launched with Windows and set to run minimized in the system tray, safeguarding your computer without interfering with your work.
* not available
How To Install
1. Read iNsTrucTioN.txt
Title Release: Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware v220.127.116.11
Developer: Home Page