Avro Keyboard was born in the 26th March, 2003 (The Independence Day of Bangladesh), bringing a new era in Bangla computing. It’s flexible, gorgeous, feature rich, totally customizable, user friendly and already has a lot of typing automation tools that you have never imagined! Avro Keyboard, simply the Best Bangla Typing Software, breaks all old records, wipes out obstacles, rewrites history and recreates tradition!
The aim of this project is to add all popular Bangla typing methods from Bangladesh and India in a single interface. Current release supports English to Bangla Phonetic typing support for home users, mouse based Bangla typing support for newbies and for professionals traditional keyboard layout based Bangla typing support. Keyboard layouts those are added with the current release are – Probhat, Munir Optima, Avro Easy (an easy to learn keyboard layout from OmicronLab), Bornona (the easiest Bangla keyboard layout we have found yet! From “The Safeworks”) and National (Jatiya) – Standard Bangla Keyboard Layout in Bangladesh designed by Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC). Please read below for details.
Features of Avro Keyboard :
English to Bangla Phonetic Typing :
Avro Keyboard supports most modern English to Bangla phonetic typing method. Write anywhere “ami banglay gan gai”, it will be automatically typed –
* Easiest transliteration scheme: We have researched through all present English to Bangla transliterating softwares and made our easiest transliteration scheme, both for memorizing and friendly typing speed.
* Floating Preview Window: See on the fly how your English text is converting to Bangla!
* Dictionary support: This English to Bangla phonetic typing method supports Dictionary with near about 150000 Bangla words and auto-correct feature. We have left the auto correct dictionary totally editable by the users. Add your own words, modify them anytime, and correct most common mistakes on the fly automatically!
Traditional Keyboard Layout Based Typing:
Avro Keyboard supports traditional keyboard layout based Bangla typing. Get the most popular Bangla keyboard layouts in Bangladesh and India at hand!
* Multiple Keyboard Layout Support: Avro Keyboard supports multiple keyboard layouts. And all the layouts are easily accessible from keyboard layout menu. Currently supported keyboard layouts are:
.Avro Easy – An easy to learn keyboard layout from OmicronLab.
.Bornona – The easiest Bangla keyboard layout we have found yet! From “The Safeworks”
.National (Jatiya) – Standard Bangla Keyboard Layout in Bangladesh designed by Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC)
* Automatic Vowel Forming:
Unleash your typing speed with this great algorithm. In a good number of cases, simply typing the kar/matra/short form of vowel will produce the full form of vowel automatically, there is no need to type the Link key. For detail information, please read the Documentations.
.This Automatic Vowel Forming can also be kept disabled from the Configuration dialog box.
* Old Style “Reph”:
Although in phonetic typing method Reph is typed at the beginning of a consonant, this may be seemed peculiar to the users (and it happened!). Avro Keyboard now uses the “auto Reph” feature, which will automatically move the Reph at the beginning of a consonant/”juktakkhor” (conjunct) when you type it at the end.
.This Old Style Reph can also be kept disabled from the Configuration dialog box.
* Assamese Language Support: You can also type Assamese using all these keyboard layouts as necessary Assamese characters are placed here.
Easy Mouse Based Bangla Typing:
Easiest method made ever for typing Bangla! Use the full-featured on screen Bangla keyboard for your typing. Nothing to memorize, just click and type Bangla anywhere!
* Assamese Language Support: You can also type Assamese using mouse as necessary Assamese characters are placed on the on-screen Bangla Keyboard.
Bangla spell checker:
Avro Keyboard comes with a handy Bangla spell checker. You can check spelling right inside MS Word. For spell checking on plain text, there is also Avro Pad.
File SIze: 11.7 MB