The user interface of the program is easy to navigate through, thanks to the Explorer-based layout.
You can select a file or folder to search. Once scanning is completed, you can save it as an HTML file.
On the left side of the screen you can view the file formats that you can save (e.g. ICO, ANI, BMP, JPG, WMF, TGA, IFF, AVI, MID, MP3, OGG, SWF).
So, all you have to do is select a thumbnail and open the context menu to save it on your hard drive. You can specify the output destination, extension and file name, as well as select colors and dimension.
Additionally, you can explore the folder, copy image to clipboard, set it as wallpaper, view saved files, open, play or copy a file to a specific folder, as well as toggle the viewing mode between “Details”, “List” and “Icons”.
In the “Settings” menu, you can filter the scanning process for AllMedia Grabber (e.g. do not search for ICO files), set the tool to delete saved files on exit, search subfolders, automatically check for updates and integrate into Windows shell, and more.
The program takes up a moderate amount of system resources and didn’t freeze or crash during our tests. A scanning task doesn’t take too long to finish.
However, there is no help file available and some errors popped up during our tests, whenever we initialized AllMedia Grabber or when we were trying to save files. Also, the demo version extracts content only from files which have a size smaller than 300KB, and a lot of items are left behind after uninstallation.
All in all, AllMedia Grabber is a good software but it needs to work on its stability (we tested it on Windows 7).
• Extract files stored in EXECUTABLES, LIBRARIES, CUSTOM CONTROLS, MICROSOFT OFFICE FILES, DATABASES, RAW or BINARY FILES (like exe, dll, ocx, doc, ppt, xls, pdf, mdb, raw, bin, hex…).
• Select File(s), Folders, Drives to scan.
• Integration into Windows shell (Quick extraction from CONTEXT MENU).
• Convert all graphics formats to BMP, ICO.
• Browse all extracted graphic files in thumbnail mode.
• View graphic files in original size with program viewer.
• Delete, rename files, delete all extracted files, copy to clipboard, set as wallpaper.
• Multilanguage support.
* Updated detection and extraction for BMP and PNG files.
* Updated detection for WAV, OGG and MID files.
* Fixed a issue with network drives.
* Minor issues fixed.
OS: Windows 2K / XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 2003