The utility works with IDE, SATA, eSATA, SCSI, SSD, USB, ZIP, floppy disks, and camera cards.
It allows you to recover exFAT, NTFS+EFS, Apple HFS+, Linux ExtFS/BtrFS, and Unix UFS file systems. Plus, you can restore volumes created in DOS, Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, and 8.
• The GUI looks well structured but you still need to reserve some extra time to studying the program’s features because there are a lot of options to look into. A thorough help manual can be accessed in case you have any questions regarding the tool’s setup parameters.
Different scan modes
• You can carry out a quick scan in order to detect files, folders and partitions that were recently deleted. In case you are not in a hurry, you may enable the SuperScan process for analyzing deleted and damaged volumes.
• When the aforementioned scan methods fail into detecting the deleted or damaged partitions you look for, you can activate the LastChance option in order to recover files by their signatures.
Filters and preview options
• You can search for files using filters, such as file types (e.g. DOCX, MP3, AVI, JPG), creation, modification and last access date, size, and ID.
• Active@ UNERASER helps you preview files before recovering them. You can check out images (e.g. BMP, DIB, GIF, JPG, PCX, ICO, PNG), while document types can be previewed using an external viewer or the built-in HEX/text viewer.
Extra tools to play with
• Before fixing any problems with your partitions, you should know that the app offers support for an automatic backup mode. This way, you can roll back any changes made to your partitions in case something doesn’t go according with the plan.
• You are allowed to fix damaged master boot record (MBR) or GUID Partition Table (GPT), fix damaged partition (volume) boot sector, re-create deleted or damaged disk array (RAID) virtually, and create a disk image.
Built-in disk editor
• The utility offers support for an advanced tool designed to help you view and edit sectors of physical disks, partitions and contents of any file type. The disk editor enables you to analyze file headers and disk data (raw sectors).
• You can check out information in binary and text modes at the same time, make use of templates for parsing and displaying boot sectors, directory entries and MFT records, navigate to a certain area of a boot sector (e.g. FAT, partition table), and search data by ANSI, HEX or Unicode pattern.
Reliable recovery app
• To make a long story short, Active@ UNERASER proves to be of great help in case you want to recover lost or deleted data. The comprehensive feature pack makes it suitable especially for professional users.
• Recover lost data on all DOS / Windows systems whether FAT or NTFS partitioning
• Undelete compressed, fragmented, sparse and encrypted files on NTFS
• Recover deleted files with long file names
• Undelete files with localized filenames (Unicode with non-english charsets)
• Unformat: recover files from formatted hard drives and USB disks
• Unerase from raw disk images, created for backup and recovery purposes
• Unerase files from deleted and damaged partitions and logical drives
• Scan hard drives and display deleted and damaged partitions/logical drives
• View file and raw sector content with integrated Hex Viewer/Disk Editor
• Recovers files on HDD, SSD, External USB & eSATA, USB Flash Disks & Camera Cards
• Copies unerased files and folders to NTFS and exFAT-formatted disks
OS: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / Server 2012